PDA

View Full Version : Toni Bratincevic, "Bounded by Destiny" shading network

HJ-panorama
08-28-2007, 10:47 AM
hello

sorry to bother, but i don't know what to do with this so please help me!

Toni Bratincevic has a tutorial in 3d Total Texture Vol: 6 in which he describes the techniques used to create " bounded by destiny" but i can't underestand the shading network ...

1- might you help me to find which connection is which and which channels are connected to each other?
2- other question might be what is the dirtmap1 node here and what it does?

3- the projection of the dirtmap is used to apply dirtmap over the object with the same material , am i right ?
i mean if one object has a lambert and another a blinn the projection would work for both ...

thank you in advance

TheNeverman
08-28-2007, 09:22 PM
if you mouse over those little connections - the hypergraph will tell you what nodes are going into what...

djx
08-29-2007, 04:16 AM
Instead of the dirtmap shader you would now use mib_amb_occlusion. It's purpose is to darken the surfaces depending on how close they are to neighboring surfaces (including themselves). To put it another way it "adds dirt" to the corners and crevices.

-- David

CGTalk Moderation
08-29-2007, 04:16 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.