PDA

View Full Version : Irc

Wegg
04-01-2003, 04:55 PM
There are a few of us left overs from the old #Hash3D days that still hang out on IRC if anyone cares.

irc.freenode.net #3d-geeks

All are welcome.

Grgeon
04-02-2003, 07:28 PM
Cool place to hang out. Instant feedback/chat from Wegg and Cosman.

Very cool. Hope to see many of you there. :)

George

Pablo
04-02-2003, 08:08 PM
why we don't go to the A:M community, it's a nice place to chat?

sketchyjay
04-02-2003, 08:55 PM
ever since it was first added I never got into the community chat. No one is ever there and other than the occasional private question I never heard from anyone.

Also I think that unless someone announces something going on there it's quiet... too quiet.. :p

I think I feel self concious about bothering people. Since it is part of the software I don't know if i'll be interupting someone working.

I forget that it is there and will be in the middle of work and have a window pop up. Not that I mind helping, just a surprise when I forget it's there. Kind of like AIM or messenger.

Jay

Wegg
04-02-2003, 09:05 PM
That Community chat is a really great idea but. . . a lot of us don't have AM open all that time. IRC is pretty conveniant.

Pablo
04-02-2003, 09:30 PM
you guys are right, but I think if we all start to going into the community and use the official chat then it doesn't come a popup and it would be great . I think we have to make the community there bigger, would be great, there are always only a few people online. I had some really great discussions, so I like it!!

Wegg
04-02-2003, 09:48 PM
Thats a great idea. But. . . I'll be in IRC for anyone who wants to cry on my shoulder. ;-)

JBarrett
04-02-2003, 10:37 PM
I think Wegg's point, Pablo, is that some folks want to chat, but don't want to have to open A:M to do it. Or perhaps they want to chat about other software. As he said, "All are welcome," which leads me to think it's a more relaxed, non-official chat space. And there's nothing anywhere that says that one or the other has to be the exclusive place for chatting...you *can* use both.

EctoHippy
04-02-2003, 11:30 PM
Here here,

I'm not going to be opening one of the new versions of A:M just to chat... I like my chat programs and modeling / animation programs seperate. Plus... A:M is not my primary tool anymore... it's not even secondary... it's not even installed anymore... (/me shakes his fist at 9.0-9.5 for killin the love) but I don't hold that against folks that still want to use it. The 3d-geeks community is really for anybody using any 3d software at any level. We have A:M, LW, C4D, Messiah, Wings, Maya users in there. A lot of us are current/former a:m users so there is a lot of knowledge there... some of it won't be v.10 relevant... but it can still be good none the less

Are you happy wegg, I finally posted here, now quit buggin me about it :D

-Ecto

Wegg
04-02-2003, 11:40 PM
About bloody time. Ya lurkin hippy.

matsbt
04-03-2003, 09:17 AM
well the discussions can get very interesting...what did I rant about yesterday...clothes, chocolate and interesting math people...

Mats

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.