PDA

View Full Version : mirroring a componant selection

sedric
04-01-2003, 05:36 PM
hey all, one small question,

how would i mirror a componant selection (like a vertex and a face) . assuming the model was symetrical and at 0,0,0?

thanks in advance,

sedric

Gemini
04-01-2003, 05:56 PM
i'm not sure if this is what you are looking for, but there is the duplicate face tool, that if you just set the scale to -1 you will get a mirror, though i am not sure what pivot point it will mirror around. i have never really used it, but seems like it may help you.

hope that helps

alexx
04-01-2003, 08:41 PM
for any selection you do, you can set the scale center to wherever you want (insert).. and then you can negative scale as used to

cheers

alexx

tymznd
04-01-2003, 11:21 PM
There is a script on highend that does it with nurbs, but I believe that the object itself has to literally be symetrical....

If your interested in writing something that will do it I can send you some code that I am using to transfer point selection across the X axis for subD surfaces. I am sure that with some small modifications it would work for anything... It works on worldspace coords. charles@tymznd.com

oh yeah, I also have some code written in TCL for a different app. The logic is there... just need to change the syntax, bla bla

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.