PDA

View Full Version : Snap is driving me crazy, somone help!

mushroomgod
08-27-2007, 10:27 AM
Hi....heres my problem

I would like to snap a vert to an edge, but...when I select the virt, the move gizmo becomes active, and this has a much larger selection area than the single vert...so, when it snaps, it snaps to the area I have selected on the Move gizmo, not the actual vert. it is totaly inacurate.

So...anyone know now to make the vert and not the gizmo snappable???

cheers

BobbyB
08-27-2007, 10:35 AM
Ive rarely used Snap but just had a quick look at it.

To do what you want to do right click the snap button this will give you some options

You want only snap edge and snap point on. Then in the options part perhaps make the marker size bigger so you can see that you have the point selected when it snaps to it.
Should then be able to snap a point to another edge.

Cheers

Robert

mushroomgod
08-27-2007, 10:46 AM
Hi Bobby,.

cheers, but I figured it out...I spent all last night trying to get it to work, but after a good nights sleep I worked it out quickly...I think i need more sleep :)

I had "use axis center at start snap point" turned off :)

pokoy
08-27-2007, 10:48 AM
:D posted too late
---------------------------

...this might sound stupid to you: did you actually activate vertex snap? if not, the behavior of the snap would be just what you describe, so activate this first this...

zoom in to actually see the snap cross gizmo at the exact position of the vertex, don't move it until the cross appears on the vertex.

...or maybe your scene scale is too big and max' unit accuracy is going down. this will also affect snap accuracy.

BobbyB
08-27-2007, 11:01 AM
Ah yes nothing like a bit of sleep deprivation.

He thinks to himself why is this vacuum making so much noise as he unknowingly pushes the cat around the living room floor.

Glacierise
08-27-2007, 11:03 AM
Man, you really need some sleep :D I do quite a lot of this equilibristics - turn off gizmos, use last axis moved feature, use lock selections... It's easy, as long as you are in clear mind :D

CGTalk Moderation
08-27-2007, 11:03 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.