PDA

View Full Version : Issues with Maximized Screen Mode

avinashlobo
08-27-2007, 08:09 AM
I'm not entirely sure what additional functionality the new Maximized Screen Mode provides that wasn't already provided by the Full Screen Mode with Menu Bar mode.

Moreover, panning is 'stuck' in this mode, which doesn't allow me to pan the image unless its size/zoom level is larger than my screen. It's a bit of a nuisance when I need to edit edges and corners of the image and I'm unable to center that part on my screen without zooming to unnecessarily high levels.

What's worse is that, in a demented fit of cruelty, they've given it 2nd place in the F shortcut, requiring me to press F twice to get to the more useful Full Screen modes.

Still worse is that the F shortcut is hard-coded and I'm not allowed to change it unless I use something in combination with Ctrl or a Function key. Having been using Photoshop for 10 years now, I find this change quite a pain in the arse, and am a little irritated that they haven't provided an (easy) option to remove it.

Any help on disabling this or a better workaround to get directly to Full Screen with Menu Bar mode would be MUCH appreciated.

Thanks! :)

CurtJ
08-28-2007, 06:41 PM
You're probably aware of this already, and it doesn't really answer your question - but did you know that you can press shift-f to cycle backwards through the screen modes. So you could begin by pressing shift-f to take you from standard to full screen mode without going through the other two intervening modes.

Dogway
09-20-2007, 05:35 PM
I think the same. Its pain int he neck to press twice F everytime I open an Image. Actually there is a way, using Scripts and I found a page where they explain how to make it work, but I cant get it to work. This is the link: http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.ef7f2cb.3bc85cba

and this is how I understood it:

// An array of to store the various screen modes
var screenModeOptions = new Array(4);
screenModeOptions[0] = "screenModeStandard";
screenModeOptions[1] = "screenModeMaximized";
screenModeOptions[2] = "screenModeFullScreenWithMenubar";
screenModeOptions[3] = "screenModeFullScreen";

// Function from Listener code for applying screen modes.
// View>Screen Mode> Standard, Maximized, Full Screen with Menu, and Full Screen
// Expects argument ('screenModeOptions') which is an array of screen mode options for CS3
function applyScreenMode(screenModeOptions[2]);//FullWithMenu
{
var desc = new ActionDescriptor();
var ref = new ActionReference();
var menuID = stringIDToTypeID( mode );
ref.putEnumerated( charIDToTypeID( "Mn " ), charIDToTypeID( "MnIt" ), menuID );
desc.putReference( charIDToTypeID( "null" ), ref) ;
executeAction( charIDToTypeID( "slct" ), desc, DialogModes.NO );
}

Hope anyone drop any help on this.

Jose L.

Dogway
09-20-2007, 06:19 PM
OK. Didnt search too much, tho. Here is the code by Larry Ligon posted in PS-Scripts forum:

var id20 = charIDToTypeID( "slct" );
var desc7 = new ActionDescriptor();
var id21 = charIDToTypeID( "null" );
var ref3 = new ActionReference();
var id22 = charIDToTypeID( "Mn " );
var id23 = charIDToTypeID( "MnIt" );
var id24 = stringIDToTypeID( "screenModeFullScreenWithMenubar" );
ref3.putEnumerated( id22, id23, id24 );
desc7.putReference( id21, ref3 );
executeAction( id20, desc7, DialogModes.NO );

CGTalk Moderation
09-20-2007, 06:19 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.