PDA

View Full Version : Masking and Tracking?

GetToTheTop
08-26-2007, 08:38 PM
I want to put an image on the monitor of a couple of moving computers. This is what I am working on:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PB2nZ55bh9Q

With the first computer all the way on the front, what I did was chose four corner and did some tracking. Now I am having problems with the computers in the back, I tried drawing a mask and tracking with the mask, it won't work because for the source, I cannot choose anything but Background clip or Clips and objects. What would you guys suggest? How can I add an image on the monitors of the computers that don't have four corners? what would be the easiest way?

PhilMC157
08-27-2007, 06:54 PM
Hi GetToTheTop,

have u tried to track the computers backwards? When the corners of the screens begin to disappear u have to set the keys for the hidden points by yourself, unfortunately.

I haven't used combustion for quite a while and i suggest to take a look on shake and its tracking abilities. ;)

greetings
- Phil

GetToTheTop
08-28-2007, 04:12 AM
Hi GetToTheTop,

have u tried to track the computers backwards? When the corners of the screens begin to disappear u have to set the keys for the hidden points by yourself, unfortunately.

I haven't used combustion for quite a while and i suggest to take a look on shake and its tracking abilities. ;)

greetings
- Phil

how can I track the computers at the back when I can only choose four corner points?
I don't have shake, only combustion unfortunately,.

PhilMC157
08-28-2007, 09:18 AM
U don't need more than 4 corner points. U have to track all screens seperately. The good thing is, that the screens in the back are seen only for a few frames. So, there is not that much tracking involved.

- Phil

GetToTheTop
08-28-2007, 06:43 PM
U don't need more than 4 corner points. U have to track all screens seperately. The good thing is, that the screens in the back are seen only for a few frames. So, there is not that much tracking involved.

- Phil

do you still have the combustion software?

PhilMC157
08-29-2007, 01:05 PM
yes. why do you wanna know?

PhilMC157
08-30-2007, 09:16 AM
Have u tracked your Footage already?

CGTalk Moderation
08-30-2007, 09:16 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.