PDA

View Full Version : AVP2 trailer now online

roto baggins
08-25-2007, 12:22 AM
http://media.movies.ign.com/media/746/746237/vids_1.html

Hydraulx hard at work...

SheepFactory
08-25-2007, 12:38 AM
Looking great. Finally a R rated Aliens vs Predator movie. This is how the first one should have been.

FloydBishop
08-25-2007, 12:39 AM
It looks promising, and by "promising" I mean waaaay better than the last one.

kevOrama
08-25-2007, 12:51 AM
If it's as good as it looks, I'm a very happy man.

BillSpradlin
08-25-2007, 02:11 AM
At the least, the trailer should win an award for most human beings killed in a trailer ever.

Jackdeth
08-25-2007, 02:36 AM
It's not often you get to make a trailer that mean.

My Fault
08-25-2007, 02:52 AM
That trailer was insane. If your goal was to get people excited to see this...well it worked for me!

Look forward to lots of great behind the scenes info once this baby hits the theatre.

amannin
08-25-2007, 02:58 AM
LOL, i love that it comes out Christmas Day :thumbsup:

and ohhhhh man, i can't wait

Spater
08-25-2007, 03:14 AM

umm... Mr. Strause, sir... can I give you a hug?

Kentaro
08-25-2007, 03:21 AM
See what happens when geeks and true AVP people make movies? U get this, what AVP should've been. Looks awesome

cresshead
08-25-2007, 07:27 AM
sweet!

i count around 22 human's killed in a 2min trailer!

dudes!
waay to go!

RobertoOrtiz
08-25-2007, 07:29 AM
Great job Jackdeth!

-R

Breinmeester
08-25-2007, 07:52 AM
So, is this film just going to be two hours of people or creatures getting killed? I just saw 2 minutes of blood splatter, either red or green, and I'm already numb.

gjpetch
08-25-2007, 07:52 AM
Congrats to the Strause brothers, this looks kickass. I was cautious, now I'm totally looking forward to it.
I like that the alien screams sound like a perfect reproduction of the second film.

kmest
08-25-2007, 08:04 AM
WOW..thankx Jackdeth...this looks JUST like what i wanted to see...an R rated full of killing....looks awesome...

captainchet
08-25-2007, 08:25 AM
This looks good but im worried that i've just set my standards super low after the first one...

LoTekK
08-25-2007, 09:08 AM
Now THAT is how you do a trailer! :D Color me psyched for this, especially if the bodycount over the duration of the movie is anything like the trailer. :scream: Reiko Aylesworth is a nice bonus, too. :thumbsup:

Boone
08-25-2007, 09:22 AM
The first was fairly good in my books but I have to say that this looks more promising.

Red-Necks vrs Alien vrs Predator:bounce:

ThirdEye
08-25-2007, 09:31 AM
You, Mr. Strause, are a lucky man. You're directing a R movie with the best two creatures ever designed. And also it seems you're giving justice to them, the trailer looked good enough to convince me to check the movie (and i absolutely hated the first one). Good one.

dionut
08-25-2007, 09:42 AM
I really hoped it will be more action oriented. And it is !:thumbsup:

monkeysweat
08-25-2007, 09:55 AM
That trailer was awsome! Come on though, it doesn't seem like anything new to me. Aliens, Predators, people getting killed in various ways. Big deal. But I'll go see it anyway.

paintbox
08-25-2007, 10:12 AM
As long as the Predator and Hero(ine) don't hold hands at the end like AvP 1, it's all good ...

If there is a story in there that reveals some more about the AvP universe, it should do super.

The effects/lighting etc. seemed executed to perfection. Great work Hydraulx!

Pyke
08-25-2007, 10:37 AM
I had my doubts, until I saw the facehugger grab the kid.
Definately had more of a 'predator' vibe to it, in the vein of an 80's action horror, which is definately not a bad thing!
Invisible predators tearing up people...aliens getting shredded with blades, guns, and whips...jets, bombs, annoying army generals. This has it all!

I STILL think that the original AvP graphic novel would make an awsome movie-but this looks to good to pass up. Consider me there. :D

Is ADI still doing the physical creature effects?

MasterZap
08-25-2007, 11:52 AM
Sweetness!!!

:thumbsup:

Colin, you are my hero.

But you knew that already. ;)

/Z

Stahlberg
08-25-2007, 01:13 PM
Yes, very promising, congrats!

Unusual that a predator kills an apparently unarmed girl though? Or maybe they're not in it for sport this time, but have rolled up their sleeves and gotten serious. :)

popol
08-25-2007, 01:18 PM
ahhh ! the trailer look really good congratulation colin and greg

cresshead
08-25-2007, 01:20 PM
yeah looks like anyone's ''game''...def go see this at a loud/big cinema screen!

ringzero
08-25-2007, 01:26 PM
lets hope the pred and hybrid killing each other happens at the start of movie and this is not one of the largest spoiler trailers I ever seen.

Its one of most unsublte trailers I watched - entertaining tho.

But please lets hope the trailer doesnt sit in your head in the theater as you piece the story together before it unfolds cause they spent their load by showing all the money in the trailer.

Lomax
08-25-2007, 01:28 PM
Man oh man... the first way this film will suck, is if every kill that was shown in the trailer is almost every kill the film has! :scream:

cresshead
08-25-2007, 01:52 PM
nahhh they're all out-takes for the dvd extra feature disc!

the actual film has 73 kills in the first reel alone...:thumbsup:

Pyke
08-25-2007, 02:33 PM
Yes, very promising, congrats!

Unusual that a predator kills an apparently unarmed girl though? Or maybe they're not in it for sport this time, but have rolled up their sleeves and gotten serious. :)

She got in the way.... :D

One question I do have tho, and maybe someone in comic lore can help me out here..there are one or two kills of what looks like a cloaked alien, so I'm assuming its a predalien. Now...I thought that the cloaking of the predators was technological, rather than biological? Or mabe i'm missing the boat here completely. :D

mdee
08-25-2007, 03:06 PM
Seems like fun, no compromises made.

xsitar
08-25-2007, 03:46 PM
basically this trailer is just the entire movie. no need to go see it anymore.

sorry jackdeth or colin. i'm really happy for you two bro's getting to direct a movie. but nowadays action movies are filled with young pretty people and the army. same old same old.

where are all the interesting characters, no pretty boys & girls, but such as the ones in the original alien movie?

where's the suspense (again example original alien movie)? is it all about just blowing up & killing, throwing bombs & explosions?

directors nowadays just don't have that certain edge and quality of such masters as ridley scott & stanley kubrick. especially cg-people that get the chance to direct often don't care about content, but it's just about eyecandy rollercoaster experience.

ps: maybe it's just the trailer. but in both avp films the aliens are portrayed much less superior and less dangerous.

Boone
08-25-2007, 04:14 PM
OMG - I just realised who JackDeth is. :eek:

ringzero
08-25-2007, 04:32 PM
I got a feeling you will have felt more pain/sadness as a viewer for Drake in Aliens getting (what by comparison) is light spray of acid on his face than the jock in that trailer getting his whole face melted down to show the eye sockets.

unsubtle - less effective certainly.

Nowadays you got to show everything and leave little to the imagination.

rblitz7
08-25-2007, 04:45 PM

sorry jackdeth or colin. i'm really happy for you two bro's getting to direct a movie. but nowadays action movies are filled with young pretty people and the army. same old same old.

where are all the interesting characters, no pretty boys & girls, but such as the ones in the original alien movie?

where's the suspense (again example original alien movie)? is it all about just blowing up & killing, throwing bombs & explosions?

directors nowadays just don't have that certain edge and quality of such masters as ridley scott & stanley kubrick. especially cg-people that get the chance to direct often don't care about content, but it's just about eyecandy rollercoaster experience.

ps: maybe it's just the trailer. but in both avp films the aliens are portrayed much less superior and less dangerous.
Thank you! for a second I thought I was the only one that thought this.

eirenicon
08-25-2007, 04:47 PM
So, is this film just going to be two hours of people or creatures getting killed? I just saw 2 minutes of blood splatter, either red or green, and I'm already numb.

I get a strong sense from the trailer that it's basically designed to shock everyone out of the old AvP mindset (PG-13 crap) and make them realize this isn't just a sequel, it's what the original should have been. Overkill, perhaps, but effective. I gotta say I like what I see, for the most part. It did seem to lack a strong lead character (you know, a Ripley or a Dutch, or even a Hicks), but of course most of the time was spent on things getting stabbed. Hopefully somebody's got the chops to carry it off. It just ain't a movie without a good human character front and center.

Breinmeester
08-25-2007, 05:27 PM

Finally some sense! I was gobsmacked of everybody's praise for a trailer that shows nothing but blunt blood splatter. Remember how this legacy started? What Scott and Cameron set up? Where's that eerie feeling? That tearing suspense before the attack? Where are the characters I care about? That make it actually a shock to see them get killed? Remember when you first saw the original Predator and was all in shock?

This trailer gives me the same feeling as when I saw the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake. A polished b-film trying to be an a-film that lacks the real suspense that keeps you on the edge of your seat.
I remember when I saw The Blair Witch Project for the first time. Now that was something new! I've never been in a cinema so packed with people. They were dragging in chairs to get everyone a seat. Yet when they were running in the dark it was dead silent in that room, everybody was holding their breath. And all the while the image was all black, we could only hear their voices. Sure, I missed some action in that film too, but that kind of suspense is golden.

If I want to see blood splatter I'll watch Braindead again. At least that b-film is selfconscious and doesn't try to be an a-film.

MatsM
08-25-2007, 05:29 PM
oh wow this looks awesome

the first clip of the two people in camo I just thought this looked like Starship Troopers 2 or something..

But then it took of.. Oh man, this looks sweet.

I thought the first film was ok'ish.. Attleast we got good fx with aliens and preds.. but this looks like it's going through the roof!

and the predalien, ahhh. quality

I really like the "old school" predators, skinny and not as beefy as in AvP.. nice nice

This doesn't seem to be about the humans that get caught in between, it's about the Aliens and the predators kickin' each others asses.

Breinmeester
08-25-2007, 05:30 PM
I get a strong sense from the trailer that it's basically designed to shock everyone out of the old AvP mindset (PG-13 crap) and make them realize this isn't just a sequel, it's what the original should have been.

You could be right. Maybe there are some strong characters, maybe there is a plot. Hence my earlier question. But if there isn't (the trailer sure isn't giving us the idea that there is) then see all of my above post.

Pyke
08-25-2007, 05:54 PM

You saw all that from the trailer? Damn I wish I could do that... ;)

TheChosen1
08-25-2007, 06:22 PM
The violence is all well and good but it has a B movie teenager slasher flick feel to it. It doesn't have the same feel as say Aliens or the original Predator. Maybe its the setting. I don't like the idea of it being on modern day earth. Its not all about over the top gore. The original movies had suspense.

Of course, I am totally going to go see it anyway.

AdrianLazar
08-25-2007, 06:35 PM
oh c'mon guys, it's Aliens Vs Predator, two of the most violent creatures ever made. The movie must be violent! I mean, i don't go to see AVP2 for a complex plot and characters, i want to see a popcorn&cola movie after a hard week of work :d I don't think that anyone wants so see at the end a predator holding hands with an alien and live happy until the end of life :P

eirenicon
08-25-2007, 06:39 PM
It doesn't have the same feel as say Aliens or the original Predator.
Well let's be frank, measuring up to the likes of James Cameron and John McTiernan is a tall order. On top of that, actors like Schwarzenegger and Weaver in the right role are one in a million. I don't expect AvP2 to match up to the originals of the franchise (and let's face it, none of the movies after Alien/Aliens and Predator were nearly as good), but I do hope it'll be a cool action movie that doesn't suck. When we have to turn to British comedians to get our action kicks (Hot Fuzz) you know people are screwing around. A good R-rated balls-out scifi monster mash is exactly what I want right now, and who knows, it might be even better than that. Maybe we'll even get a new game out of the deal.

ThirdEye
08-25-2007, 07:21 PM
Face it, this is the nth movie with Alien or Predator, i think nobody is expecting an artistic masterpiece here (i'd love to be contraddicted by the movie itself of course), we're just waiting for an easy flick to entertain us. The first AvP was a ****ing joke, this one at least can give the two creatures some justice, starting from giving Predator its own masai warrior aspect again and removing the velociraptor feeling from Alien, which in Giger's mind looked totally different than the stupid dino we've seen in the first AvP.

Oddgit
08-25-2007, 08:34 PM
I keep hoping for an AvP with the colonial marines. For me the Aliens are a hell of a lot creeper on some dark space ship or terraforming facility then in some suburban town with highschool kids.
Could you imagine a movie like Aliens with some predators thrown in to the mix?
As for the gore level it isnt any near as scary as not showing stuff, think how scary Alien and Event Horizon was. Hell Event Horizon still creeps me out. Human imagination is a powerful thing, it wil always come up with something far worse then what is on screen. Not mocking the fx make up or anything which was totally bad ass =D As long as the aliens move like some creepy daemonic bug like in Aliens and not some mindless predator and the preadators are scary when they walk, nothing as bad ass as a Preadator needs to run, just walk really fast and mean like ;) everything will be al good.

MisterE
08-25-2007, 09:16 PM
Awesome trailer. I'm hoping that this movie WILL indeed be kept at its' current state, a hard "R" Rated movie, and that the Strause bro's won't be pressured by Fox studio exec's to trim it down to PG-13 a la the recent travesty of Die Hard 4.

Maybe Colin can set the record straight right here :)

Obraxis
08-25-2007, 09:41 PM
Ok, to the people who want this to actually be some sort of artistic drama....

Not on this earth. This is Alien and Predator we're talking about. The blood-splattering gore-fest genre. The movies they come from are kick-ass movies. They dont need you to follow twists and turns like LOST. They dont need to you to have a degree to understand the language like the final 2 Matrix Movies. The Brothers have obviously understood WHAT actually makes the Predator and Aliens so much fun, and have set out to do just that.

I have to say, very well done guys. Seriously, the trailer was better than I'd hoped for. Props to you. Thanks for not holding back on these characters like Paul A. did. He almost single-handedly destroyed what made them Adulty Cool in the first place. You guys have wiped that clean now. Well done Brothers! :thumbsup: Can't wait to see the movie now!

cresshead
08-25-2007, 09:55 PM
i'm hoping that storywise:-
we know the aliens are at a disadvantage against a fully equiped predator's but they're unstoppingly kick ass and cunning and i've got crossed fingers that superior alien numbers and some 'technical glitches' with the predator weapons/armour means that the aliens overcome them by sheer numbers and we're left with a town of humans to try n save the day!

that's how i'd play it...

Bentagon
08-25-2007, 10:10 PM

Not on this earth. This is Alien and Predator we're talking about. The blood-splattering gore-fest genre. The movies they come from are kick-ass movies. They dont need you to follow twists and turns like LOST. They dont need to you to have a degree to understand the language like the final 2 Matrix Movies. The Brothers have obviously understood WHAT actually makes the Predator and Aliens so much fun, and have set out to do just that.
As an outsider (haven't seen any of the earlier ones since I was 15, haven't seen AvP 1, and as a result don't really plan on seeing this) I have to disagree. The only negative reactions I see here are saying that this trailer does NOT resemble what the previous films were about. They're saying they want to see suspense rather than gore. They're asking for an involving film, rather than just an exciting. They're not asking for Terrence Malick.

DogBreath
08-25-2007, 11:24 PM
I think they have done a good job of exciting the audience with this trailer, judging by the replies here. Unlike the CGTalk forum members, people who know nothing about the intricacies of film will go for it big time.

If that makes it successful, maybe the next AvP can have some backstory and plot twists. But I think if they had tried an action thriller full of suspense, the guy on the street would walk past it after the reaction everyone gave the last attempt. I'm sure they would have put heaps of extra detail into the story but that would have made a longer movie.

It still amazes me how the level of expectation has risen so quickly from Alien, when we were happy if there was a movie with a realistic potrayal of anything imaginary in it, (the amount of which was still being determined by technology) to AVP2 when we have everything we can imagine in full gory luminescent globdules of green guts, and people are dissappointed by it.

I heard mention of a Predator Planet and us going there, what happened there, is that next?

Jozvex
08-26-2007, 04:53 AM
Jackdeth = great = must see this movie.

I'm sure it'll be good.

Jackdeth
08-26-2007, 05:56 AM
thanks for all the support. We have a very suspenseful story with lots of good characters, but we knew that we needed to show the fans something more intense in this first trailer to get them to forget about the last the film. Later this fall we'll have the standard trailer where you get to see more of the story and fear.

My Fault
08-26-2007, 06:03 AM
thanks for all the support. We have a very suspenseful story with lots of good characters, but we knew that we needed to show the fans something more intense in this first trailer to get them to forget about the last the film. Later this fall we'll have the standard trailer where you get to see more of the story and fear.

Yeah, imagine that. A trailer that gets people excited yet doesn't show the whole damned film. Almost like you guys had a plan of what you wanted and knew what you were doing. A rarity amongst trailers these days. Considering they managed to do that, maybe, just maybe, they have a story to boot. If anything, I think the Bros Strause at least deserve our support and the benefit of the doubt.

Congrats guys, looking forward to where this goes.

Breinmeester
08-26-2007, 07:28 AM
That kind of makes sense, wiping the slate clean. These teasers come out and are mostly caught by the anticapating audience. If you're saving the plot for the second trailer, then this is setting the stage. I can understand that.
The two of you seemed intelligent people with a solid idea of filmmaking in that interview that was posted, so I was kind of amazed to see nothing of that back in this trailer.
I'll just wait for that second trailer then.

mech7
08-26-2007, 08:24 AM
It's only missing some kind of "Arnie" charachter in the movie :D

Kai01W
08-26-2007, 11:30 AM

Honestly, I have a feeling you did not understand what makes the original movies classic.
I'm surprised most of the people here consider the rating of the movie alone as a sign of quality...

-k

paintbox
08-26-2007, 12:29 PM
I have watched the trailer with intervals 3 times now, and I noticed it gets better and better. At first you are overwhelmed with the images due to the shock value and fast cuts, you can't really grasp whats going on.

I also think , this trailer at least , shines on a big screen. Small does not do it justice.

CGmonkey
08-26-2007, 01:22 PM
This brings warm feelings to my heart!

How the hell did you guys find that Sigourney Weaver copycat? Scary..

playmesumch00ns
08-26-2007, 03:09 PM
Looks pretty sucky to me

cresshead
08-26-2007, 04:43 PM
of course it's been created for an audience who like the sci fi monster movies
not the family demographic of pixar/disney/dreamworks

shy-guy
08-26-2007, 06:03 PM
Woa... that was really cool and all but... didnīt that show like... all the death scenes in the movie? :surprised

I think they should have left more mistery...

Anyways, congrats to the brothers strausse for working their ass off with this huge break for them. :thumbsup: I hope it all turns out well...

mummey
08-26-2007, 06:20 PM

Good call. The trailer already makes me want to forget that the previous AvP existed. :D

xsitar
08-27-2007, 12:43 AM
But why these shitty AVP series and not a true Alien movie directed by ridley scott or james cameron?

Melvil
08-27-2007, 01:31 AM
I have to say, I think it looks pretty awesome. I think for a teaser it did its job wonderfully. Got me excited without giving away the story. The focus on the R rated aspects seems to me like a brilliant way to show that this isn't merely a sequel to AVP, but an entirely different beast.

kmest
08-27-2007, 06:47 AM
watching it again...hey WOWW..i saw,i saw a prediAlian.....
i was just waiting to see him in Live Action after the AVP2 game,which was an amazing game Imo

Ballo
08-27-2007, 11:16 AM
more blood! more blood! :applause:

lovisx
08-27-2007, 12:14 PM
don't know, still looks pretty corny to me :p but then I liked alien 3.:drool:

grrinc
08-27-2007, 12:20 PM
Kudos for any member here being involved, but that trailer was pretty generic. Here's hoping the film tells another story.

Wahooney
08-27-2007, 12:20 PM
I have great hopes for this movie. It's great to see the sleaker Predator again (the Pred's in AvP1 must have been from the nacho munching, beer guzzling, couch potato caste) and the original tools (I just hope the Disc makes a comeback too) and view modes. But I would have liked to have seen the "ridged" refraction of the original Predators, the glowing eyes kick ass too.

Although there are elements that show a mass appeal aspect I feel it also shows the visceral action as seen in Aliens, Alien3 and both Pred movies. And I also feel that the actual effect of the Aliens and Predator's weapons are more clearly illustrated with the R-Rated violence, making those effects PG-13 sort of eliminated their scariness (AvP1 made me feel that a well placed sneeze would take a Predator out).

And they've fulfilled one of the things I've always wanted to see...
Aliens in a forest!

TheChosen1
08-27-2007, 01:22 PM
The alien in somebody's modern day house was wierd yet cool at the same time.

PavelPetrenko
08-27-2007, 01:24 PM
So meny blood! Great work! but aliens 2 the best! :applause:

INFINITE
08-27-2007, 02:07 PM
Just a little bit too over the top, how many deaths? heads exploding!? parts of people faces falling off? etc can you get into one trailer, let alone film.....jeeeeez

Looks like there might be some new alien designs in there though... which is cool!

cresshead
08-27-2007, 02:58 PM
Just a little bit too over the top, how many deaths?

18 humans..

BigPixolin
08-27-2007, 04:47 PM
I thought it was cool.

The only thing I didn't like was that knockoff Sigourney Weaver chick.

cresshead
08-27-2007, 06:05 PM
hey, if she's 'cheaper to pay for' and can act okay then they have more of a budget for the 'stars' of the film....the aliens!

BigPixolin
08-27-2007, 06:15 PM
Perhaps your right.

I know everytime I see her thats all I will think and it will take me out of the movie everytime.

Chiko
08-27-2007, 09:08 PM
Looks awesome to me. AVP was a huge let down, it was so terrible. So here's to hoping this one kicks it's ass.

creinholtz
08-28-2007, 12:51 AM
My only concern with the film is that the predators seem to be killing just about anyone and anything. They're hunters not killers of the innocent, they won't kill someone who is unarmed, sickly, pregnant so on... Don't know the whole story behind it yet but pretty much everyone in this film will have to die in order for the first alien film to even be relevant in the timeline.

I'm very happy about its R rated come back though and i'll be watching the hell out of it...Just a big fan of Predators and how they work, so i hope it all makes sense in the long run.

Essex
08-28-2007, 07:50 AM
wow! well i'm excited to see the movie. i didnt really care before seeing the trailer, but now... can't wait.

also, very exciting to see Colin on this board.

kevb3d
08-28-2007, 07:51 AM
From this trailer it looks like you guys might revive the franchise. I love how (it seems from the trailer) that you chose the design from Aliens with the "exo-skeleton-klingony" type heads on the Aliens. They just look friggin mean, which kicks a$$. I love the way it alludes to movies like "Outbreak", where a town gets "infected". That's a killer concept that I was hoping would one day be brought to the screen with these creatures. The horror most definitely seems there.

This movie looks killer, sort of like imagining what happened to the colony in Aliens (the graphic novel was good, but...), except with Predators, on Earth, and a Brian Tyler score, which WILL kick a$$.

Good luck with this film, I'm psyched.

Kev

francomanko
08-28-2007, 09:26 AM
Did anyone here say the same thing after seeing the trailer for the first avp?

It's as though people are gluttons for punishment.

yann22
08-28-2007, 10:26 AM
They're not asking for Terrence Malick.

Malick doing AVP? Now that would be interesting :scream:.

Boone
08-28-2007, 10:37 AM
Re: creinholtz

Remembering one of the comics of AVP, the Predators sometimes resort to war tactics when the need calls for it. For example: Removing an Alien Queen from a nest. Honourable actions are discarded for completing mission goals. Maybe the outbreak - most likely caused by the predators themselves - is considered out of control and that they are under orders to stamp it out at any cost.

Besides, you never really understand the Predators way of life in the three previous films they feature in(P1&2 and AVP1). This hunting thing of theirs might just be to keep their warriors in shape for when war does arrise. They can also play dirty as well - at the end of the first Predator film the creature sets of a suicide bomb to wipe out not only himself but the human that had finally defeated it. The creature was happy to collect the skulls of its victims, but he denied Dutch the chance to take its head in turn. From a certain point of view you could say that the Predators will stick to the Hunting ethic for as long as the cards are in their favour...

Also in the comics of AVP, I belive there was a small-ish Predator that resorted to trickery in defeating that woman(who lived with the preds) in a sparring match. Technically she was weaker than him in terms of physical strength and one or two punches could kill her, but he still felt the need to employ such cowardly tactics.

Oh shit - I've just shown how geeky I am!:scream:

But yeah, in the end its just a film. On a final note I must recommend the 1932 B&W classic The Most Dangerous Game to all fans of the first Predator movie. I was pleasantly surprised how much of a nod Predator was to that movie!:D

Kid-Mesh
08-29-2007, 11:15 AM
I was hoping that AVP2 would look as good as it does. I'm a huge SCI-FI fanboy and Aliens is one of my favorite franchises.

Story? Plot?.... Will Jenny marry Robert? are you kidding...Who cares! More blood, more carnage more screaming more deaths and more impregnations (sp?) hahahha bring it!! :twisted:

This going to be another great film that I will happily add to my collection once it comes out on DVD.

JackDeth Congrats :thumbsup:

Might as well start buying stock in popcorn.

leigh
08-29-2007, 11:39 AM
This looks like it's everything the first film should have been - 90+ minutes of aliens and predators kicking the shit out of each other, and killing loads of people too.

I can't wait.

Diabolos
08-29-2007, 02:31 PM
As a huge Predator fan, I'll watch it for sure...... My honest opinion though, I am looking for something more in the future - Space Marines should be the humans - even the weakest link should be armed to the teeth.

The discussion seems to lean toward this version being better than the first.....my question is, will this be a good action film? - I smell some cheese factor already...I remember many trailers looking very good - before seeing a crappy film.

I am positively surprised about the trailer, I didn't think something like that was possible - showing people dying is one thing - but people were being decapitated, faces melted off, impaled, or just simply shot.......I am glad I have the option as an adult to see it or not. I hope more trailers like this are made.

D,

Lunatique
08-31-2007, 04:22 AM

How did you guys pull it off though? Did the studio put up a fight about it?

gjpetch
09-22-2007, 12:23 PM
http://media.filmweb.no/trailere/fox/FOX20070076/ovwsnjx6.mov

DogBreath
09-22-2007, 09:44 PM
Thanks for the new link Greg, it looks good. The Population Countdown - Whew! This is going to be an exciting film.

MasterZap
09-24-2007, 02:10 PM
Y'know, I dig the cinematography here. Very cool!

/Z

TheChosen1
10-31-2007, 11:47 AM
There is a new AvP 2 clip at IGN. Looks pretty cool. Check it out!

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/746/746237/vids_1.html

Kentaro
10-31-2007, 08:09 PM
Awesome....looks pretty good.

CGTalk Moderation
10-31-2007, 08:09 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.