PDA

View Full Version : Can't Install Painter IX

malory
08-24-2007, 03:44 PM
When trying to install Painter IX on a Mac (Power Mac G5), I get this:

The software to be installed requires Administrator or higher level access privileges.

I don't know what that means, but the result is that I can't install Painter.

Suggestions much appreciated.

Meanwhile I'll look for answers at Apple and look for a Mac Forum for this.

My apologies if this isn't the first place to look for the solution.

Robert

M@DM@X
08-24-2007, 05:33 PM
you need to have admin rights on the computer your using or it wwill not install. if you have admin rights there might be an optain in the right click menu (does mac os have this?) that will allow you to run the install as an admin

tomt
08-25-2007, 01:31 AM
If this is your computer, you can go to the control panel and change the user to admin or give yourself admin priveleges. It should default to that setting but someone may have messed it up sometime past.

malory
08-25-2007, 05:49 PM
I figured this out. I knew I had admin rights. Let me go back and see if I can find out how I solved it and post it here.

Thanks!

It was System Preferences>Accounts. Under My Account I had two. One had my name and "Admin" with a check "Allow user to administer this computer." I don't know what the other account was, even though I created it two years ago. All I did was click that second account and clicked the minus sign. This left me with the only account I need.

CGTalk Moderation
08-25-2007, 05:49 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.