PDA

View Full Version : Unhappy with my FireGL 7350

EmmanuelAsset
08-24-2007, 03:41 PM
I won a FireGL7350 at a Caligari competition last year. I waited until this summer to plug it into a brand new computer because it didn't fit into my old computer case.
The new computer is there, but unfortunately, it looks like the FireGL drivers are not designed for trueSpace7.5, my favorite 3D app.
In the new tS architecture (called Workspace), the FireGL is fast. Very fast.:thumbsup:
But in the old side (called Modeler=tS6.6), it behaves in a weird way : in wireframe mode, it works like a charm and offers very high framerate in my biggest scenes. But in solid mode it is way too slow. My problem is that, 1- I need to work in the old side because all the plugins I work with are there, and 2- I need smooth display in both wireframe and solid draw modes.

I tried every settings, and several driver versions. No luck.

Did someone else experiences such issues with that card ?
If I can't find a way to fix that framerate problem, I will probably sell it and make a Max/XSI/LW user happy :shrug:

RobotClayton
08-26-2007, 12:47 AM
I'll give you $100 for it. Fire GL is the bee's knees for maya. Yo!

CGTalk Moderation
08-26-2007, 12:47 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.