PDA

View Full Version : How to "Freeze" Geometry Approx ?

Tsijoe
04-08-2002, 06:07 PM
Hi!buddy,i got this very basic question,how can i choose polys created by geometry approx and make them a cluster,then apply a local matter?
or "freeze" those geometry approx polygons under the low resolution model?

here is it, i want to make a gilt edge on the teapot cap,i don't wanna use texture.

mr-doOo
04-08-2002, 07:34 PM
hey, great render :thumbsup:
if you want freeze the geom approx, use the "duplicate using geometrie approximation" command in the edit panel

skyPhyr
04-09-2002, 05:36 AM
Obscure question about the render here - is the texture on the table cloth procedural?

Just curious,

skyPhyr.

El_Fugee
04-09-2002, 03:19 PM
You beguin to work with your new teapot, then you make: Create/Polymesh/Subdivision. ( you can choose subdivision rule). A new objet had been created ( it has relational modeling with the original teapot). so you can choose polys created by Geometry Aprox. Itīs another way to work but it run ok

Atyss
04-09-2002, 08:00 PM
Or you can go in Polygon mode, select all the polygons, right-click and choose Local Subdivision Refinement.

Hope this helps
Salutations - Cheers
Bernard Lebel

krisr
04-09-2002, 10:45 PM
very nice render! You definately need to post that on the SoftImage gallery.....put the other stuff on there to shame.

Tsijoe
04-10-2002, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by skyPhyr
Obscure question about the render here - is the texture on the table cloth procedural?

Just curious,

skyPhyr.

texture,just in the sample datebase.

Tsijoe
04-10-2002, 07:23 PM
your help,your praising!

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.