PDA

View Full Version : Depth Pass in Mental Ray

joaomontenegro
08-23-2007, 11:36 PM
Hello guys!

I need to render a depth pass in mental ray from an orthogonal camera. The Z values need to be distances in world space and in floating point.

I used a SampleInfo node to get the cameraPoint.z value and connected it into a Surface Shader. Everything seems ok expect on one thing. The depth pass I'm getting seem to have some aliasing problems. For example, in a sloped surface (in relation to the camera), the z values should change smoothly, but I get this banding in which consecutive lines have the same Z value! I tried to change all the sampling paramenters in mental ray, but nothing seems to solve! (increasing the number of samples improves a bit, but doesn't solve this problem).

Can you help me on this one?

Thanks,
Joao Montengro

mr Bob
08-24-2007, 07:49 AM
I just wanted to jump in on this also ....

I have noticed there is now a frame buffer availible to use within MR 8.5 render globals. But theres as ever very little information in the docs !! has anyone had any success with outputting a z depth pass with this feature.

B

CGTalk Moderation
08-24-2007, 07:49 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.