PDA

View Full Version : Particle Flow Disappearing?

MickyG
08-23-2007, 05:45 AM
Can someone please tell me if they have encountered this before:

I create a new particle flow, a simple one where particles fall from the emitter like rain. However, if I increase the amount of particles, it will eventually reach a point where the particles flow stops and no more particles come out. This happens long before the emitter should stop.
It seems to be linked to how many particles I have birthed, even though I am still in the 300,000 area and below the upper limit (which I think is 10 million?) I know this because if I stop the timeline at a point where no more particles are being birthed, and then I decrease the particle amount, then suddenly there are particles again.

I have quite a powerful system that should have no problems handling these particles, so can anyone shed some light on this problem?

MickyG
08-23-2007, 05:49 AM
Ahh shoot, it turns out the upper limit is 100,000, not 10 million. This is why I am having problems.

I guess I can ask another question though - I am aware of changing the upper limit in the maxscript window, however is there some sort of file in the max directory that stores this information so it can be changed permanently?

Thanks, and sorry for wasting anyones time with the first post:sad:

SoLiTuDe
08-23-2007, 09:02 AM
I believe that if you create an empty scene, load your pflow change that parameter and save the file as maxstart.max in you scenes folder then that should be your default setting every time you reset.

PsychoSilence
08-28-2007, 01:41 AM
one way would be solitude´s way :)

other way would be to create ur own personal flow with the script listener open (F11) after you are done copy the script listener content into a new scripts and save it into the Scripts\Startup folder.

If u have Box#1 i would highly recommend to create a custom starter flow and save it as preset. I have one for every common purpose with all i need to start with and an upper limit of 10mio particles etc... ;) then just drag your "stormy rain starter" e.g. preset into the particle view and be happy :D

kind regards,
anselm

CGTalk Moderation
08-28-2007, 01:41 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.