PDA

View Full Version : I hate this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sangotten
04-08-2002, 05:31 PM
Hi

Okay I just had to colour something...but the lines are terrible the coloour is bad and the pose is very dull!!!! Please tell me what more is wrong with it!!!!!

...C&C on what is good about it is also welcome:p

Sangotten
04-08-2002, 05:37 PM
Oh ehhhhhh:(

Here's a bigger version of the picclick here to see it (http://sangotten.netfirms.com/beramodef.jpg)

Please vote! and comment and stuff!!!!

redsandman
04-08-2002, 11:43 PM
Maybe its just me but it seems her breasts are a bit far apart relative to the size of them...*shrug* maybe its just me focusing on her breasts.? hehe

Korgath
04-09-2002, 02:05 AM
Man, this is great... You should drop all other projects and just do stuff like this. :D

I like the purple tone of the image, but the pose could be more...
dramatic.

Love your work... :thumbsup:

Gilgamesh
04-09-2002, 02:22 AM
Well, I know this isn't much help, but I like it. I don't think the pose is that bad. She looks really relaxed.
I would lose the blue sparkle.
You could really change the feel of her pose just by altering the orientation of her head and eyes, and her expression.
Head tilted down and eyes looking up could be really intense.
Head turned to the side could make her look self confident.
etc.
Anyway, I don't think that the pose needs to be very dynamic for the image to be effective.
The chopsticks in her hair are the best part, BTW. ;)

Sangotten
04-09-2002, 05:02 PM
Thanx for all your C & C!

Yep those breasts are a bit wide orientated....:eek: I think the pose is one of the biggest failures, I think I'll try to draw her in another pose and with some more action and expression...:wip:

Let the votes and C&C come in!!!

puddlefish
04-09-2002, 06:39 PM
Good work, I really like her face, unusual preportions but it works!

As far as crits, I would say that (apart from the pose) the shading on the cloth could do with some work, especially around the sleeves. It may help to look at how some other artists render clothing. Here's one of my favourite, beautiful work in oils:

http://www.seegmiller-art.com/Images/traditional_gallery/traditional1.html

You'll find that cloth is mostly made up of different triangles.
Apart from that, I think the lighting could do with being a bit more dramatic, or moody, it's a little flat at the moment. The line work could be a little more subtle in some places (again the cloth).

Hope this helps, and doesn't seem too harsh!!

Looking forward to see what you do with it.
:)

_a_
04-09-2002, 09:58 PM
wow....i'm in LOVE! :drool:

Dequami
04-10-2002, 01:02 AM
Hmmm...no....no....still a pretty nice picture

I do see that the line work is a little sloppy, such as the purple trim on the robe, shirt thing, but the colors are nice, yet I think the sleeve lacks a little detail as well as other parts, but all in all I like it. sorry I couldn't give more depth in my crit, I'm still learning tthe whole critiquing thing

Sangotten
04-10-2002, 01:29 AM
Thanks>> Puddlefish, _a_ and Deguami!

Ehhh yep the details are not there.... it was a quick one! The cloth's is one of the thoughest parts to paint.... But now I working on a remake of her!!! Check this:

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5424

It's a modern version of her, please tell me what you think of her!!!:wip:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.