PDA

View Full Version : 3D fluid unable to render using MR

rainingkeon
08-22-2007, 02:32 PM
I now currently is working on clouds. However, i had a problem of rendering them in MR...
They looks fine in maya software, but when it comes to MR, it will become a plain color....
And there is a warning too... It said "
// Warning: (Mayatomr.Scene) : current shadow mode does not support shadow segments, but the scene contains volume, particle, or fluid nodes which may render wrong shadows without it"

Any1 know what's the problem and how to solve it?? Thanks!

Keon

royter
08-22-2007, 05:57 PM
I now currently is working on clouds. However, i had a problem of rendering them in MR...
They looks fine in maya software, but when it comes to MR, it will become a plain color....
And there is a warning too... It said "
// Warning: (Mayatomr.Scene) : current shadow mode does not support shadow segments, but the scene contains volume, particle, or fluid nodes which may render wrong shadows without it"

Any1 know what's the problem and how to solve it?? Thanks!

Keon

MR fluids (like many other features in Maya) are not optimised to be rendered in MR as it is in the Maya software.

They require tweaking. In your case go the sahdow section in the render globals and turn on segments.

mattswilson
08-22-2007, 08:38 PM
If you check out the documentation on MR(Rendering with MR V.1, is great), they talk a bit about the different shadow types and how they relate to participating media in particular. Fluids in Maya aren't exactly the same, but I think you'll find that they are actually better in Mentalray. In my experience, they are much faster and cleaner. If you work with the built in lights to start with you can get almost exact results between the two renderers. Once you get them right, if you need better lighting, use ray traced lights. They work great!

rainingkeon
08-23-2007, 05:55 AM
MR fluids (like many other features in Maya) are not optimised to be rendered in MR as it is in the Maya software.

They require tweaking. In your case go the sahdow section in the render globals and turn on segments.

Thanks. However, there is no change. I still get the warning and nothing is rendered. I have done some testing using visor and found out that using TimelapseClouds.ma have the same problem. And for others, there is warning but it still rendered nicely...

CGTalk Moderation
08-23-2007, 05:55 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.