PDA

View Full Version : How get Alphachannels for differnet Object?

Caypiranha
08-22-2007, 01:32 PM
As the Title says already: how do I get an Alpha out of a cloudlayer? I would be great, when there is a possibility to get this? So far I am only having an alphachannel from the bottom (white) and the rest of the sky (plainblack) a way to get a propper Alpha would be great, and if there is a way to get the Cloud in RGB on plain black, it would be even greater!

thanks in advance for feedback! - cheers

+)

chippwalters
08-22-2007, 11:26 PM
Sorry, you can't get alphadata from a cloud layer.

Caypiranha
08-22-2007, 11:41 PM
thanks dude for your answer.. is not that what I lke to hear.. ;-)
But now itīs sure..

Cheers!

:thumbsup:

IvanB
08-23-2007, 08:47 AM
A workaround.

If your desperate for an alpha of your clouds, you can place a massive bright green plain behind the clouds, and position camera to fill the entire camera frame with clouds and plain...then you can key out the green in after eefects or photoshop etc.

Changing the atmospheres sky to green, will disrupt the look of the entire scene etc.

Caypiranha
08-23-2007, 01:16 PM
..oh.. herer Ivan again.. =) - well this is then exactly what we did. Weīve tested it already, and found, that the only dissadvantage is only, that we had to fought again the green spill.
Having a nice luminace might be better, but in the End itīs not too bad, and letīs see what the next releases will offer!

:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
08-23-2007, 01:16 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.