PDA

View Full Version : wasteland chick WIP

Briareos
04-08-2002, 04:43 PM
hello all. First post, somethin im workin on, sorta wip

updated onehttp://www.anime-anonymous.com/desertgirl2.jpgOld (http://www.anime-anonymous.com/desertgirl.jpg)

m_dv
04-08-2002, 05:00 PM
Beautiful....not much to be said other than that. I see you where trying to using worm colors for this image, and sure brings out the characteristic to it. Meaning, it goes very well with this particular character. Also I must say I love the overall texture of this piece, and speaking of which I will like to ask how indeed you went by making such texture. Anyhow, overall well done. I couldn't find any major problematic area or anything :)

-Daniel

Korgath
04-08-2002, 05:07 PM
Nice! :thumbsup:

I really like the colours...

Sangotten
04-08-2002, 05:23 PM
Really nice work!!!

I like the colouring a lot! I've got only one thing that I noticed that's not correct, the body proporties. It looks like she has short legs, but it is to late for that to adjust, but it looks okay anyway!

Keep it coming!:wip:

Jec1183
04-09-2002, 02:30 AM
:bounce: :drool: :bounce: :drool: :bounce:

the only problem that I can see with it is that the ear that is peaking through the hair is to high up on the face. The coloring is excellent and I would like to know what program u are using to color with.

brkofdon
04-09-2002, 04:52 AM
the overall drawing/colouring is good! but to be specific, i would say that maybe the shoulders in the pose shes standing in might need to be wider. i actually stood in as close to the same pose as i can and my shoulders were more wider....maybe if you were to show more of the lest shoulder a tiny bit....i also agree wid the ear being a lil high....and like most ppl i would also like to know how you acheived such great texture!! also what program are you using.
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Vinsoviet
04-09-2002, 09:05 PM
Hey, I really like your lighting. Very nice highlights and shadows. That texture is really good too. I enjoy your style.

_a_
04-09-2002, 09:47 PM
Well, what the rest of them obviously dont get is that she is a wasteland survivor, and has undergone slight genetic mutations. I like the ear being high, gives that feeling of elfishness that i luv so much. I would like to see her in a more exagerated pose, and mayeb the eyes could be a little bigger, manga style. excellent work, and sexy too. :p

Sketcher
04-10-2002, 10:12 PM
:wip: :p

Very nice work! I especially enjoyed the texture and style. I also liked the detailed gun and choice of color.

Where did u learn to draw like that? I myself am trying to teach myself to human beings that skillfully. I would appreciate any tips u may have since you're very experienced, please email me.

DigitalSkorpyon
04-10-2002, 10:26 PM
Great piece! You definitely have a talent. I like the clean style and your coloring technique is excellent. The character design itself is very unique. I'd like to see the original black and white version. Do you do 3d? She'd be cool to see in 3d. Keep up the good work!

-Grant

Briareos
04-11-2002, 08:45 AM
http://www.anime-anonymous.com/low_girlfinal.jpg

this is sort of a version I did in 3d, but I will probably be making a new one, more like the pic i posted here.

robin
04-11-2002, 09:34 AM
errff errfff erffff !!!! wooohaa !!!! *slapself* !!!

*Dies* cool man ... you got more renders like that !!! *Dies*
:eek:

Sleepless
04-11-2002, 10:04 AM
2d & 3d both look great!!!:) I like the softness of the color scheme.

_a_
04-11-2002, 12:54 PM
I love it:applause: especially your colours. I dont think you quite captured the face though. The nose in particular. I'm still in love though :wip:

Briareos
04-12-2002, 02:49 AM
yea, the 3d version isn't as similar as I would like it be, you think I should give the 3d another try.

blender
04-12-2002, 09:19 PM
I think you should give 3D another shot... the sketch is really killer, I really like where you ended up with the coloring and stuff... it's come a long way since I saw it last time.. and the first 3D version has a lot of potential....

besides i think you'll have a lot better results in Maya anyway :buttrock:

C ya @ werk dude...
P.

Cockofthewok
04-12-2002, 11:08 PM
maybe it's the view, but the face in 3d seems to be more attractive than the one in 2d.

Briareos
04-13-2002, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by blender
I think you should give 3D another shot... the sketch is really killer, I really like where you ended up with the coloring and stuff... it's come a long way since I saw it last time.. and the first 3D version has a lot of potential....

besides i think you'll have a lot better results in Maya anyway :buttrock:

C ya @ werk dude...
P.

hehe, thnx man. just wondering if im tiring the subject.. :p

as far as the face being more attractive I guess thats a matter of opinion, but she is more "cutesie" in the 3d, but as someone pointed out, the nose is whacked.

here is last version, fixed ear and hand somewhat, prob wont change it, as it stands now, the legs are too short, and some other minor stuff. gotta move on I think.

http://www.anime-anonymous.com/desertgirl2.jpg

:shrug:

_a_
04-13-2002, 07:09 PM
NO NO NO!!! We want more. Do a comic or something. Give us some more angles, or a storyline. She's intriguing, it would be a huge injustice to let her fade away now! :(

Equinoxx
04-13-2002, 09:21 PM
wicked my man . . . :buttrock:

you happen to feel like doin a dwarve modelsheet :D ?? :rolleyes:

I could use one since i'm modeling one at the mo . . .
I have some sort of concept myself too, but that's only for proportions . . . it could def use some more detailin in the outfit and boots & stuff . . .

3d dwarve (http://equinoxx.cgcommunity.com/temp/grab_17.jpg)

Dwarve Concept (http://equinoxx.cgcommunity.com/temp/dwarve_concept_06.jpg)

I will post this in 3d art wip once the model is complete enough [meaning once it has hands and a head]

but if you feel up for it, i'd be very HAPPY :D

Rinaldo
04-14-2002, 03:44 PM
Briareos-very cool concept and execution. I really dig the simplicity of the design, tight.

Equinoxx- hey, you might be interested in these.
not a proper model sheet (I have one somewhere but take me ages to find it) but maybe some ideas you can use.

http://www.artdwarf.com/artdwarf/dwarf_concept.htm

Briareos
04-14-2002, 07:24 PM
Equinoxx- hey, you might be interested in these.
not a proper model sheet (I have one somewhere but take me ages to find it) but maybe some ideas you can use.

http://www.artdwarf.com/artdwarf/dwarf_concept.htm [/B]

wow, I think hes got you covered there :D

Briareos
04-14-2002, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by _a_
NO NO NO!!! We want more. Do a comic or something. Give us some more angles, or a storyline. She's intriguing, it would be a huge injustice to let her fade away now! :(

she is part of a comic, but its still in very early stages, heres an old site: Kousei (http://www.anime-anonymous.com/kousei)

_a_
04-14-2002, 08:01 PM
Whew! She lives on. I love the concept of your comic. And your sketches are great (I much prefer the new Mai to the old one though). I'd love to see more of this project, see where your taking it. My only comment is that maybe you should think about your characters. They're great, but not completely origional, put a twist on their personalities. I would love to see a more compelling storyline too, its got a bit of tank-girl, and some 2000 AD feel in there, put a twist on it. Please post more, and keep us up to date on it's progress, I'm intrigued! I'd buy it if was in the shops, would you sell any sketches?

Briareos
04-15-2002, 11:35 PM
the site is very old, and whats wrong with tank-girl? Its nothing like tank girl, in fact, its more based on Fallout the RPG, its still very undeveloped, but I hope it turns out unique. Character development is my main focus, I actually have a 4 page paper describing Mai, the main character... the stuff on the site is lame... :( I'm actually looking for help on the project, writers and techical artists (mecha/vehicle artists) If anyone is still reading this thread.
the only req is that you have played fallout 1 or 2. :thumbsup:

jose
04-16-2002, 04:29 AM
SWEET!:thumbsup:

are you planning to get your comic in print or will it be a free online series? this is gonna be cool!

i might be of help if you want, most of my drawings end up being abit messy, but you just want concept drawings right?..does fallout tactics(buggy game) count ;)

Briareos
04-16-2002, 06:28 AM
free online most likely... at least the first couple "issues" i dunno yet, i have to write and draw the damn thing first... its still in concept stage........ I need WRITERs... :(

Raul-Reznek
04-19-2002, 07:07 PM
if u ask me the 3d is...WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO

Titan
04-20-2002, 11:58 AM
great work man...love the concept and the 3d....!!!:buttrock:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.