PDA

View Full Version : Abode Photoshop Shortcuts...

Emauher
04-08-2002, 03:27 PM
Lets post the shortcuts that we know ...

some of them i know :

space + mousedrag = drag picture
ctrl + (-/+) = zoom out , zoom in
ctrl + grag = move

windowlicker
04-08-2002, 05:06 PM
Man, that would be one hell of a long list!!! ;) I suggest y'all to check out your Photoshop help-file and look under "Windows/Macintosh Shortcuts".

Notable though is that you can right click when using any tool that uses brushes to access the brush-size window. Also Ctrl+right-click will open a list of layers active on the clicked position in the image... (I believe those shortcuts weren't mentioned in the help-file.)

Cheers! :beer:

MadHatter
04-10-2002, 07:59 AM
They need a damn Crop shortcut. :mad:
that really bugs me. everything else seems to have a shortcut, but that.

arcemedia
04-11-2002, 06:22 PM
Dude....

The shortcut for crop is simply "C"

Thing is - you get a whole list of shortcuts that comes with the software when you BUY it so I don't think that we need to list them all here. Other thing is that if you float your mouse over the toolbar icons then you get a little tooltip (such as Rectangular Marquee Tool (M)) - the letter in brackets is the g'dam shortcut!

Emauher
04-11-2002, 11:13 PM
thats why i am suggesting you to share your knowledge about shortcuts .. I think it cannot bi longer than the threads on wip section ( 160replies for 1 thread ..! ) ... and by this way we can attract some attention on photoshop forum .. thats what i think . please tell ur opinion on it too ...

arcemedia
04-12-2002, 08:48 PM
:rolleyes:

You don't seem to understand what I just posted - I think that if you look in your documentation that came with Photoshop when you BOUGHT it....you will find a shortcut card. This shows ALL the shortcuts to Photoshop that you will need....apart from 1 or 2....but learn the obvious ones first.

There is no point us listing the shortcuts here as they have already been provided by Adobe!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Emauher
04-12-2002, 09:36 PM
Yes , there is a misunderstanding ... sorry about that and thank you for your participation...

KOryH
04-25-2002, 11:47 PM
I use [ and ] to changes the size of my brush (b) all the time.
If you use the channel mask method of painting, a la Craig Mullins, www.goodbrush.com , then ctrl+alt+# is a great one
also ctrl+ brackets tho scroll and shift layers is a good srteamliner.
Anything else i will let you know.
I can also answerany questions on other shortcuts you may be looking for.

Ikarus
05-04-2002, 09:05 AM
Just check this site out http://user.fundy.net/morris/ go under to photoshop...and download the PDF of all the keyboard shortcuts, it's better than the one adobe provides.

roguenroll
05-05-2002, 01:19 PM
ctrl alt Z multiple undo

when I found this I was in heaven

Rogue

Emauher
05-05-2002, 02:20 PM
Thank you ikarus...

florisvink
05-23-2002, 11:00 AM
ctrl-shift-I -> Invert selection
d - swap foreground/background
esc - quit current tool
ctrl-drag - move selection...

these are the hotkeys i use most

kakikukeko
06-19-2002, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by arcemedia
you will find a shortcut card. This shows ALL the shortcuts to Photoshop that you will need...

hmm as a cg student I do use photoshop at school and don't have access to this shortcut card (there is probably one doc for 60 students but i don't even know where it can be!! :)

and there is really something i'd like to know cause i do it all the time :
how can you switch quickly -with the same brush- between screen and multiply mode ???

this window is so small this is really difficult to clik on it!!
we are still using PS5...

CU

xLonewolfx
06-20-2002, 06:09 PM
Alt+F4 - close photoshop:shrug:

windowlicker
06-25-2002, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by windowlicker
Man, that would be one hell of a long list!!! ;) I suggest y'all to check out your Photoshop help-file and look under "Windows/Macintosh Shortcuts".

I don't wanna be a bitch, but If you want to know all (almost) PS shortcuts - check the help-file. (F1)

:bounce:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.