PDA

View Full Version : FBX and Messiah?

KAMAKAZZI
08-21-2007, 07:28 PM
Hello fellow Messiah users,

I am jumping into another film project and I am working with 3D Studio Max users with Messiah. I was wondering if Messiah supports FBX files for integrating with 3D Max?

I know that FBX is a plugin mostly for 3D Max, Maya and Motion Builder and was just wondering if Messiah has updated to offer FBX alternatives or if FBX is more native to those programs.

It would make my job a lot easier when integrating scenes.

If FBX is not supported through Messiah, can anyone give me ideas and approaches on migrating Messiah scenes into 3D Max?

Only knowledgeable on using .mdd files into Lightwave or just hosting the data from Messiah into other packages through the API.

Thanks in advance for those who respond.

Cypher
www.CypherMesh.com (http://www.CypherMesh.com)

Tama
08-21-2007, 10:04 PM
FBX is not supported through Messiah. Try looking into Pointoven.

KAMAKAZZI
08-21-2007, 10:32 PM
Thanks Tama,

I totally forgot that route. Clumsy me. I will research further.

Highly appreciate it.

Cypher

-----Any other suggestions????

Tex3D
08-22-2007, 07:39 PM
I suggest you quit cryin' and get back to work!:curious:

What's up Juan.. it's Dave your Max user :beer:

I'll ask around the Max forums and see if anyone has run into our problem. See what they say.

Now get back to morphing!!:buttrock:

-Dave

KAMAKAZZI
08-22-2007, 09:03 PM
hahaha! So I see your doing your homework too! As you can tell already, FBX is not available in Messiah.

However, as what Tama mentioned before, I could use Point Oven (totally forgot about that--what a dumbass I can be sometimes). Incase you dont know what the hell point oven is, its a 3rd party plugin to bake motion for transferring purposes.

So yeah, I have point oven already but need to purchase the better version. So yeah, I thought crying about it would get me somewhere, oh well.

Back to the drawing board.

Man, enjoy your vacation and quit worrying about work!

hehehe, I can tell its in your blood.

Hit me up when you return.

Talk to you later buddy, I gotta get back to blazing, oops, I mean morphing, hehehe

C-Ya

Cypher

Tex3D
08-22-2007, 10:24 PM
Yuppers. doing the homework. If you cant find the answer on CGTalk then you just aren't asking the right question. That's what I always say. :beer:

I have no doubt that someone will have some hints for us, but if worse comes to worse we can import the terrain into Lightwave and do the rendering there. We shall see

Now get back to work *whipping "whppsahwww: *

CGTalk Moderation
08-22-2007, 10:24 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.