PDA

View Full Version : A question about clouds

mrwho25
08-21-2007, 04:03 AM
Hello all, first post :P I've been looking for a tutorial or something that would show how to blend multiple pictures of clouds together. I know how to use Photoshop ok, but I've tried blending cloud images lately and they look awful. Thanks for the help!

RiKToR
08-22-2007, 10:45 AM
Usually just soft brushes. The key is color correcting so it looks like a mass of clouds instead on different clouds. Also extracting a cloud from its sky is done easily with the extract tool... if your not familiar with just past your cloud into your working image then open the extract tool its found its found in the filter menu. Then draw around the edge the cloud completeing a circle (if it goes of the canvas its ok) the use the paint bucket and dump the cloud and close the filter. Its pretty good about getting decent edges.

mrwho25
08-23-2007, 10:24 AM
thanks for the reply, I completely forgot about the extract filter. I had tried soft brushes earlier, but I think the extract filter will give me better results, thanks!

CGTalk Moderation
08-23-2007, 10:24 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.