PDA

View Full Version : fur problem...damn thing won't won't render

Jacobo
03-31-2003, 02:47 PM
I have run into a very enigmatic problem with fur... Fur just won't render on some of the machines we have, but renders all too well on others enigmatically... can anybody help us out? Couldn't figure out where the problem originates from...

thanx

aj

alexx
03-31-2003, 03:02 PM
on the machines it does not render: is maya fur installed there (if there is just a complete installation it might fail)

cheers

alexx

Jacobo
04-08-2003, 03:11 PM
sorry for getting back so late... we have unlimited installed on 4 machines... the plugs are recognized by maya, I can see all the attributes active but fur will just not render... we asked for local support to take a look but they've still not come and couldn't make anything out of it when we told them about it over the phone...

:(

Atwooki
04-09-2003, 02:43 PM
There's a recent 'fix' on the aliaswavefont.com site somewhere for the fur plugin...
Also I believe in the docs there's a reference documenting specific paths for multiple batch rendering....

Atwooki

alexx
04-09-2003, 02:45 PM
yeah right..

which version of maya do you use?

i know in older versions at least there was a bug with fur concerning network pathes that were too long..
but i think that one is fixed since some days..

cheers

alexx

have you checked all your situation with a basic furball without special stuff or did you just try with the production scene?

beaker
04-09-2003, 05:16 PM
Can all the machines see the fur attrib maps? If your copying stuff over maybe your missing these files, or maybe your shares are messed up.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.