PDA

View Full Version : Discreet at NAB

xmb
03-31-2003, 10:23 AM
a guy from discreet told me several weeks ago that there will be a big surprise coming from discreet this year. maybe it will be introduced already at nab... but, i wonder what this surprise will be like.

- project toxik, strata/ mezzo is out of development
- flame, flint or even inferno won't come anytime soon to pc (linux), maybe combustion, cleaner & 3ds. but that's not a real big surprise.
- ? what do you think...

andre_alder
03-31-2003, 08:12 PM
xmb,

maybe Combustion and Edit in the same software....:thumbsup:

I hear something like that...........

Phred42
03-31-2003, 09:07 PM
I think they'll be debuting their color grading box...the one that used to be 5D Colossus. And I heard that development has been stopped (or pushed way back) on Toxik/Strat since Cyborg and Socratto are no longer threats to the dominance of FFI.

beaker
03-31-2003, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Phred42
I think they'll be debuting their color grading box...the one that used to be 5D Colossus.
It would have to be a color grading box of their own, not Colossus. 5D didn't own Colossus, they only sold it for Colorfront under their name. You can still buy it (Just without the 5d name). Discreet only bought up Cyborg and Commander.

Phred42
04-01-2003, 12:17 AM
Oops! My bad....what Beaker said!

tcool
04-01-2003, 09:29 PM
You guys are right about the color grading box. See the link for more. --> http://www.discreet.com/events/nab2003/

:p

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.