PDA

View Full Version : RPC Network Probleme

tryhard
08-20-2007, 09:09 AM
Hi,

Canīt get RPC run on my network. I installed RPC 64 BIT on both machines and the ACM on my workstation.
I have two machines connected via 1GB switcher and from there connected to a router where i opened the specific port. The tcp in network connenction is set to get ip adress automatic from router.
windows firewall disabled!

I can render the RPC demo content on both machines. But when i try distributed render in MR i get and error

PHEN 1.3 error: RPC_MR ERROR extracting RPC texture yielded error -1 Thread 98cd: --Texture::data: ERROR while retrieving RGB data for image 0
PHEN 1.2 error: RPC_MR ERROR extracting RPC texture yielded error -1 Thread 980d: --Texture::data: ERROR while retrieving RGB data for image 0
MSG 0.0 warn : \\Qx6700\QX_500 (J)\L I B R A R Y - Archvision RPC - People\TinaDemo\TinaDemo.rpc: Image format not supported by mental ray. Will pass the image as raw data (slower and more memory consuming).

XP 64
3DSMAX 64 BIT Rev3
QX6700 Qudcore
4GB RAM
1GB Switch
Router

Anybody else with the same problem ??????????

Klaus

Bob27
08-21-2007, 06:20 AM
I have a problem with networking RPC on my -32 bit xp windows- network computers.
There is a plugin and an Archvision Content Manager. Should the content manager be installed in all network computers?
Does anyone have problem using RPC in network? If not what did you do? Just install RPC in every single computer and then giving a path or sth special?

Bob27
08-21-2007, 06:59 AM
PHEN 2.1 error: RPC_MR ERROR extracting RPC texture yielded error -1 Thread 5f4d: --Texture::data: ERROR while retrieving RGB data for image 0

I get the above message when I try to render in mental ray between 2 network computers.
same version of RPc is installed. Any idea how this problem might be solved?

The folders for both RPC content manager and RPC images are shared.

The only difference between the 2 computers in one I have Max with service pack 2 on the other service pack 1. Does that make a difference?

tryhard
08-22-2007, 11:54 AM
Hi Bob27

do you also use a router like me. And do you have fixed IP_Adresses or does the router handle the IP_Adresses like i use to do???

Is your Processor a dual or quadcore ?

Klaus

Bob27
08-24-2007, 04:21 AM
Hi tryhard,

we use network and we have cable connected to network for internet and intranet.

I am not sure about the IP address.

My processor is a dual core.

How is your quadcore? I am thinking about a quadcore so it is good to know your experience.
You are using Max 64 bit too... How faster is it comparing to 32 bit? I mean your rendering time in mental ray?

tryhard
09-06-2007, 06:04 AM
Hi tryhard,

we use network and we have cable connected to network for internet and intranet.

I am not sure about the IP address.

My processor is a dual core.

How is your quadcore? I am thinking about a quadcore so it is good to know your experience.
You are using Max 64 bit too... How faster is it comparing to 32 bit? I mean your rendering time in mental ray?

... about 80% faster and if you lower priority in processes you can still work with other programs ... thatīs nice

any news with RPC ?

Bob27
09-06-2007, 05:13 PM
nooch...:sad: :shrug:

tryhard
09-07-2007, 07:27 AM
... anybody over here with XP64 and Max 64 who works with RPC and Distributed Render ???????????????

tryhard
03-20-2008, 01:47 PM
... OK finally got it working

I use Mentalray DR with distributed maps

That does the trick

Bob27
03-21-2008, 11:39 PM
great tryhard!

I just sent you a message.

tryhard
03-22-2008, 09:58 AM
... OK and here is some information on how i do it

win xp 64
8GB RAM
1GB LAN

Computers are connected by a netgear 5 port switch
the netgear is connected to the internet by a router (firewall)

all computers have firewall deactivated !

Archvision Content Manager only on my Workstation

all computers can reach ACM !

I use DR with Distributed Maps on!
All computers have drives with same drive letters for textures !!
UNC pathes is not turned on so pathes look like that:
J:\Archvision ...

Hope that helps

Klaus

Bob27
03-23-2008, 01:13 AM
1-all computers have firewall deactivated !

2-Archvision Content Manager only on my Workstation

3-all computers can reach ACM !

4-I use DR with Distributed Maps on!

5-All computers have drives with same drive letters for textures !!

Thanks tryhard for the above tips. I am going soon to try it and see if this time I can render scenes with RPC through network without problem! In previous occasions I had spent many hours without good result. I want to avoid that huge time waste this time, so I want to ask you all tips this time so that I won't encounter problems!

I have 5 computers at hand and they are properly connected through network. I don't have any problem in using Distribute Render in Mental Ray.

So steps 1, 2 and 3 no problem.
Now as you say I should turn on the Distributed Map on the main workstation, right?
so there shouldn't be any problem with that.

But I remember sth going wrong before, when I used to turn this on, I think I used to have problems with my other textures (other than rcp, the normal textures I mean), they wouldn't render through network, Am I wrong?

What about step 5: this is ambiguous to me. what do you mean by: "All computers have drives with same drive letters for textures !!" Please elaborate on that. I don't understand this. do you mean I should create a folder let say in drive C in each computer with the same name for all? And then what?... copy something into all of them?

Also you say: "UNC pathes is not turned on so pathes look like that: J:\Archvision ..."
This is a bit ambiguous too. Should I chang the UNC pathes in all of the 4 computers beside the main workstation?...

waiting for your reply...:)

Thank you,
Bob27

tryhard
03-23-2008, 08:50 AM
1-4 ...

5-All computers have drives with same drive letters for textures !!

if you use distributed maps all Computers must have the textures (maps) on their own drive with the same driveletter

I have my textures on every renderslave on drive "J"(use whatever you want). All drives "J" on all computers have the same content. When i change the content of drive "J" on my workstation, then i syncronize the J-Drives of all renderslaves with a backup software automaticly (!) - SyncBackSE

That means your textures do not have to be send through your network to all renderslaves

the renderslaves use the textures of their own drive "J"

For example: if the texturemap boards+03_d100.png is in this directory on my workstation
I:\LIBRARY - T E X T U R E S\Arroway Textures - Edition One\Maps
then it has to be in this directory on every renderslave

Hope that works for you too :)

CGTalk Moderation
03-23-2008, 08:50 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.