PDA

View Full Version : New Poster Upper!!

brkofdon
04-08-2002, 03:08 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

ive been too intimidated to post up here in cgtalk only because of the amazing cg work that goes on here!!! i am a 2D man myself and i always will, but 3D has been getting a stronger grasp on me more and more....but anywho heres something i did not too long ago...tell me what you all think.

http://www.artistalleyonline.com/picture.php?aid=172&pict=1019

http://www.artistalleyonline.com/picture.php?aid=172&pict=1020

redsandman
04-09-2002, 12:16 AM
I really like the first one, and the second one is a great sketch. The only thing i really noticed is that the barrel and slide of his gun seems to be a bit out of proportion to the grip. Seems a bit large to be exact.

None the less those are two excellent drawings. I wish i had your skill.

Cockofthewok
04-09-2002, 12:50 AM
I agree. excellent skill.

This may not be my place, but I have to critique your choice and execution of the "punk kid" I really don't care for the cartoony punks. There's a reason why punks look the way they do. I wouldn't want to copy it unless I was living it. This is just my opinion, but punk rock is not a commercial tool. it never was meant to be. Cartoonizing causes it to be viewed as a commercial instrument. enough chewing your ear off, once again, just my opinion, keep up the good work. Your second pic, the sketch is really good.:applause:

brkofdon
04-09-2002, 04:27 AM
cockofthewok, very interesting comment!! i truly didn't even ponder that whole deal about "Cartoonizing causes it to be viewed as a commercial instrument" it was simply a drawing that look really koo, and i wanted to add some text, and the first thing that came to mind was punk! so thanks for that remark! and i will keep up the good work!! thanx again

and for redsandman, i did also notice the gun problem, i should change it but ive been mad lazy. but thanxs for that comment!!!

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.