PDA

View Full Version : Would like to start a Chicago Chapter

terryjun
08-19-2007, 02:43 PM
Chicago has a rich population of artists and graphic designers. If anyone is interested in starting a Chicago chapter please let me know! Just registered cgartchicago.com.

Hopefully we'll unite in the Midwest and get enough members to start. Once we get enough we can let CGSOCIETY know that we exist and get the ball rolling in and around the Midwest.

Terry

crazy3dman
01-09-2008, 06:02 AM
Hey man! Sorry I just noticed this post. I haven't been around for a while.

Well, it's been tried once before. We had a good group of chicago area people, but just had some trouble getting everyone's schedule together to keep it going on a regular basis. We had 3 or 4 meetings but it never really got rolling.

I'd be willing to give it another shot, but I think we'd really have to do a little more planning ahead of time. Figure out some real goals/reason for the group to get together.

Like maybe we could actually come up with a project we could all work on together like a short or something. That way there would be something to attract a diverse group of people with different skills/interests. And there would be an ongoing reason for us to meet.

CGTalk Moderation
01-09-2008, 06:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.