PDA

View Full Version : Skeleton skinning?

Levitateme
03-31-2003, 04:37 AM
I have built a "game model" model with low polygons. I have my skeleton made, i used smooth skinning. When i paint the weights for the characters one arm i try to mirror them to the other but it will not work? Does anyone out tehre have any links, tutorials, on how to like set up a model for animtion totally? i have been wondering about the weights for about 1 year now. i have just never found how to do it. Please if anyone knows some links so i can do this properly and know how to set up my models for poses or animtion from now on this would be extremly helpful thanks

antweiler
04-01-2003, 09:30 AM
Works fine for me...
Be sure you spezified the axis you mirror the skin over (optionbox)

Heres a great Tut link site.
http://www.boris3d.de/tutorials.html

anti

MDuffy
04-01-2003, 07:45 PM
You also have to make sure the bones on the opposite side are in the _exact_ mirrored positions of the original bones, because the Maya weight mirroring command works off of object positions, not names. This can sometimes cause problems if you have multiple bones in the exact same position.

Hope this helps,
Michael Duffy
mduffy@ionet.net

YankyBJeans
04-02-2003, 07:33 PM
www.digital-tutors.com - find the neex project and then browse the tutorials for the one on weight painting and smooth skinning. I am going through these right now for my character and find them very valuable.

Yanky

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.