PDA

View Full Version : How to affect clouds with Fan or Wind?

Caypiranha
08-18-2007, 09:14 PM
Hi there to all,

I am sitting here, and wonder, how to move parts of a cloud set with a field of Force like Ventilator. I would like to have a small Corridor of moving clouds when I move the Fan through them.

Is it possible? when - say : YES, how?

thanks in avance!

--

phamarus
08-19-2007, 01:20 PM
Thatīs not possible Iīm afraid, as far as I know, you cant effect cloud layers with wind effectors.

a fluid container with fluid clouds would be something nice if that happens..
so for example flying objects can make the cloud swirl and stuff like that and also
be able to make cumulus clouds pile up raise up in a more natural way.

Phamarus

Zendik
08-19-2007, 08:18 PM
You can animate groups of meta clouds on their own but as far as using a ventilator I don't know.... I did try and animate a group of meta clouds and it works just fine....

Caypiranha
08-20-2007, 12:52 AM
ok... good to know.. =) thnx - but I am still wondering how to tell different parts of clouds to move in a certain way... cay I import an object, that works like a collisionobject?

so for example flying objects can make the cloud swirl and stuff like that and also
be able to make cumulus clouds pile up raise up in a more natural way.

Phamarus

you are wishing this? or is it like that already possible? ..having the 6.0 here.

cheers!

phamarus
08-20-2007, 02:25 AM
ok... good to know.. =) thnx - but I am still wondering how to tell different parts of clouds to move in a certain way... cay I import an object, that works like a collisionobject?

you are wishing this? or is it like that already possible? ..having the 6.0 here.

cheers!

I wrote that It is not possible to do what you wish so the fluid stuff is just my wishing of course...otherwise if it were there,you could probably do it the way you wanted it.

Not sure of how you want the effect exactly..is there somekind of flying object vehicle that you want to push clouds away with?

Remember you can use dissolve near objects to push away clouds or make wholes in them
but it wonīt pick up any motion from it.

Phamarus

CGTalk Moderation
08-20-2007, 02:25 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.