PDA

View Full Version : Object to Particles (12 different Geometries)

PsychoSilence
08-18-2007, 09:07 AM
Hy PFlow comunity,
i have a performance problem :(
i have a geospehre with particles pointing along the normals of it. i have to attack heavy geometry as shape instance. the setup itself works now after some tweaking (and 3GIG switch)...but it wouldnt render :eek:

i know BOBO has a geometry attachment script and there is Object-To-Particle from scriptspot. but i need a solution to attach 12 different geometries randomly. Of cause i tried the scatter compound first set to All Vertecies. :(

thanks in advance!

kind regards,
anselm

Glacierise
08-18-2007, 09:24 AM
You tried with XRefs?

joconnell
08-18-2007, 12:22 PM
If you use bobos script to change all of the particles into point helers then you can use another script to change all of the points into a random collection of objects - something like this should work. Select all of the objects you want to use as your 12 random particles and run this

-- points made from pflow - I'm using point01,point02 and so on as the names - edit as needed

thePoints = $point* as array

-- Make a collection from the currently selected objects in the scene

theObjects = selection as array

-- Save it's count for later use

theObjCount = theObjects.count

-- loop through each of the point helpers

for i = 1 to thePoints.count do
(

-- Swap the point helper for an object randomnly chosen from the currently selected scene objects

thePoints[i].baseobject = theObjects[(random 1 theObjCount)]

)

OlegB
08-18-2007, 05:49 PM
You should be able to render by adjusting the options in the Render operator. What do you have there now?

Thanks,
Oleg B.

PsychoSilence
08-19-2007, 12:53 PM
thank u all for the replyes so far. ill try all suggestions :)

my render operator its untouched yet...default seeings!

@ jconnell: which script do u mean? :(

kind regards,
anselm

joconnell
08-19-2007, 07:15 PM
Heya Anselm - what I meant was to make your particle flow using whatever shapes you wanted, use bobos script to turn the particles into scene objects such as point helpers and then use the script I wrote to randomly change the point helpers randomly into the 12 objects you need to use.

OlegB
08-19-2007, 09:26 PM
Anselm - here's the options for the Render operator in your scene:

Set it to "Multiple Meshes" with Mesh_Count = particle_amount/2 and Particles_p/Mesh = 2

And read the reference for Render operator :)

Thanks,
Oleg B.

PsychoSilence
08-20-2007, 09:22 AM
Dear Friends,
thank you all for your dedicated help :)
I solved my problem in the mean time already!
It was one mesh of my 12 stereo speakers that even caused trouble rendering isolated with VRay... So i got rid of this mesh and tried again with success this time :)

Sometimes its the stupid things the are easily overlooked i guess. :rolleyes::shrug:

Even though i will definitely read the help about the render operator!

below is the rendering ive got finally. its for a techno flyer...im quite happy that it worked out finally... :)

kind regards,
anselm

CGTalk Moderation
08-20-2007, 09:22 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.