PDA

View Full Version : Artwork for Interior Shots

Jock
08-15-2007, 01:17 PM
Hi there,

I'm very new to 3D Max and theres an issue i cant quite get my head around.

Basically if i want to include paintings and artwork in my interior shots, whats the best way to go about it?

If i know the specific picture im after i can look on the net, but the resolutions are usually very poor.

I just cant seem to understand how people get the extremely high quality images i see throughout the interior model galleries.

If anyone could shed some light on this issue it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Cameo
08-15-2007, 02:50 PM
Well, copyright issues aside for a mo, whats to stop you scanning in an image from a book or magazine?

Jock
08-15-2007, 02:59 PM
Would it look ok though once i blow it up the the size of a proper framed picture?

Cameo
08-15-2007, 03:44 PM
Its hard to go off the information you've provided. How are you going to output this and at what resolution? Anything output to screen is 72dpi whereas a scan from a magazine will be 300dpi so you should have more than enough pixel information unless you plan on going down to a macro level.

Jock
08-15-2007, 04:09 PM
The context is say an interior scene of a living room, but in order to make it more realistic and homely, i put a few pictures in frames about the walls. Nothing fancy, just trying to make it more realistic.

Hope that helps.

Cameo
08-15-2007, 04:14 PM
If you check the sticky at the top of the forum there is a link to a pdf made by Leigh which goes into some detail about texture sizes. This should shed some light on the situation for you.

Jock
08-16-2007, 10:47 AM
Thanks for the help.

CGTalk Moderation
08-16-2007, 10:47 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.