PDA

View Full Version : Book project introduction

khangle81
03-30-2003, 06:42 AM
After doing various freelance jobs for a while now, I've been itching to start a personal project where I get to control the concept and the content of my images. So I decided to start a picture book project. It would be sort of like the Dinotopia series except the setting is sci-fi (of course!!!) .It might not be much of a story because I'm obviously not a writer.

The story takes place within an urban city in a distant future. It will be about the experiences of a traveler and his journey through this city. The book format will be the compilation of the traveler's diary/sketchbook. There will be over 100 paintings and sketches of this imaginary place in the "diary". Short paragraphs will accompany the images to give meaning and hopefully suggest an underlying story to this journey.

The reason for this lengthy introduction is because I need your help for me to finish it. Like most other artists, I get burst of inspiration to do a project then somewhere along the way, the juices run dry and it never gets done. I NEED a deadline and outside pressure to finish this book so that is where you come in. Please quote me on this :

From now on, I will post at least one new image here bi-weekly on Monday. If I ever miss a deadline, please email me and complain as a client would.

The only way I can finish this book is through guilt and shame :)

Post #1 DEADLINE 03/31/03

MARKET STREET

http://www.khangle.net/Book/NightStreet.jpg

Here is the close-up

http://www.khangle.net/Book/NightStreetCU.jpg

COMING IN 2 WEEKS !

MEYER THE MECHANIC

Post #2 DEADLINE 04/14/03

efoo
03-30-2003, 08:10 AM
Amazing work!! :applause: :applause:
It's so true that people just need pressure to push us forward, i totally agree! Can't wait to see ur next piece, good job... man!!

p/s: any update for ur w/s after this project?

kinston
03-30-2003, 09:14 AM
wo ... great work .ur colour is great

khangle81
03-30-2003, 11:53 PM
thanks guys, I can't wait to post some more so just check back once in a while :)

chee huat
03-31-2003, 06:51 AM
Amazing work.i like u mood and color.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.