PDA

View Full Version : Env - competitive/collaborative project

living_the_dream
08-15-2007, 02:27 AM
I've had this idea stewing around in my head for a while now and figured it was time to get some others on board with it.

In the tradition of MGAC's and UGAC's of the past we would be competing BUT, this time around we are given confines to work within, so that all our work can mesh together in a unified scene.

So basically each person makes something that fits into an environment and then the best entry gets the bragging rights.

I've got a few ideas for the themes, and yall are welcome to suggest others or affirm one of these:

Crystal Village - Something very Fantasy RPG oriented
Night Life - Game type could really be anything, but this one would have lots of neon and fun lighting opportunities as well as big urban structures.
FleetShip - Everyone loves spaceships, so I think this wold be fun too. Almost entirely vehicle/interior design for this one. Futuristic and either realistic or stylized.
After the Fall - Post Apocalyptic (or post previous industrial/technological revolution) where the plants have reclaimed an area once populated by many people with many machines.
I'll post more details as I see how the interest is looking on this. We can even do a game engine and make it playable if yall want to. I'm thinking HL2 just cause I'm most familiar with that. Let me know what you think!

JohNLA
08-15-2007, 10:10 PM
I don't usually do contests but I have time now so why not.
It can be painfull trying to create content for an entire level by yourself.
Do you happen to know a good tuorial on importing 3DS Max meshes and characters into HL2?

blacker
08-15-2007, 11:10 PM
Might be up for this, so long as I can find the time!

Just an idea, it might be nice to (once a topic is chosen) throw together a quick color palette/swatch and/or style sheet so the different elements combine well.

I'd vote fantasy.

CGTalk Moderation
08-15-2007, 11:10 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.