PDA

View Full Version : Writter looking for artist to work on crime comic

JKaufman
03-30-2003, 04:31 AM
Hello,

This is the first time I've ever been to these boards. Well I'm here because I'm interested in creating a comic with hopefully someone in my area of Los Angeles. I'm a writer who can't draw too well but would be willing to help with storyboarding. I'm also interested in collaborating, meaning I'd want input about the project. That we'd be willing to work together.

I'm open to any style and the most important thing is that you think the project can be done. Otherwise there would be no point.

The comic is in essence a homage to Cowboy Bebop. A noir Anime. However I'm not trying to make a rip off and make an original story. My idea is crime fiction set in the future whose central character is that of a Private Investigator in Los Angeles,2064.

If you have more interest, please respond to this thread, my e-mail or my AOL IM name. I'd appreciate any interest you might have.

Sincerely

My Screenname

JKaufman

JIII
03-30-2003, 04:28 PM
unfortunately most people here are 3D not 2D artists. Its harder than you would imagine to find a good 2d artist.

KolbyJukes
04-11-2003, 01:40 AM
I'd be interested in working on the comic, the thing is, I live in Vancouver.

The story sounds similar to something I was playing with just a year or so ago.

I've been looking for a writer to do a comic with.

I'm a pretty strong 2D artist.

-Kol.

sicean
04-11-2003, 02:26 AM
have you people no vision? ;)
3d can print. there's no reason why comic book can't be rendered by a computer.

but then again, you can't be a great 3d artist without being a good traditional artist first in my opinion. i know there are plenty of good 2d artists here.

i might be intrested. i love cowboy bebop, and i've always wanted to work in comics. i'm currently in houston, soon to be in vancouver. but working over the net is always more than feasible. can we see some writing samples perhaps? good dialogue is big selling point for me.

JKaufman
04-11-2003, 02:47 AM
First off I apologize for not replying sooner. Anyway I've been speaking to a couple of artists and if you really want to I can send you a couple of "episodes" to see what you think of the story. This applies to the both of you two who replied to this thread. :)

KolbyJukes
04-11-2003, 08:10 AM
So have you found an artist already?

I meant to reply to this thread a lot earlier, but wasn't sure if i could actually commit any time.

Regardless, I'd love to read a couple episodes.

-Kol.

EDIT: sicean you're going to VFS in June eh? I start in May! awesome, maybe I'll see you around.

JKaufman
04-11-2003, 08:13 AM
Well I haven't commited to any one artist but I've been talking to one lately. I mean if somehow you should such incredible interest and had connections and were able to do it right now. I mean sure but this is something I do while I've got nothing better to do and I've got a lot of time. Okay just tell me where you want the episodes sent and we'll figure from there:wavey:

Also I want to know if you can accept the files in HTML?

KolbyJukes
04-12-2003, 03:59 AM
kolbyjukes@hotmail.com

html is fine.

:)

demoncage
04-12-2003, 04:16 AM
im interested, but i would like to know if there is any compensation for the services that would be provided. i would rather have discussed this matter in a private email to you but did not see an adress posted. you can email me back at turnerent@aol.com

demoncage
04-12-2003, 04:18 AM
sorry email is actually turnerent5@aol.com

malcolmvexxed
04-12-2003, 05:15 AM
haha are you the guy i talked to in aint it cool's chat room? If so i'm glad you found the site, good luck. if not, same thing

digdig :D

JKaufman
04-12-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by malcolmvexxed
haha are you the guy i talked to in aint it cool's chat room? If so i'm glad you found the site, good luck. if not, same thing

digdig :D

Yes I am and thanks for asking

JKaufman
04-12-2003, 04:13 PM
Well I understand compensation is an important question. But as it stands right now and for the fact I'm not a professional by any means. This would be a non-paying project until he it produces fruit if you get my drift. :wavey:

KolbyJukes
04-16-2003, 04:22 AM
Hey JKaufman,

I read a couple of the episodes, good stuff. It's pretty scary how similar it is to that script I was talking about - My main character was named Jacob Tanner - like the girl in the first episode. And my guy had a monologue about his being a PI, bounty-hunter, mercenary, whatever made money. My story was more cloning centred though.

Anyway... how's the artist search going?

-Kol

JKaufman
04-17-2003, 05:51 PM
Well first off I'd like to thank you for reading a few of my episodes. I guess either great minds think alike or this was a giant conspiracy to steal each other ideas:thumbsup:

Anyway if you like to I'd like to see your script and if you can send it as an HTML file. I'd be interested in what you're doing to.

As for my artist search I have found someone and we'll hopefuly start work in the summer. In the meantime I've started re-writting my first episode. So what you have KWAK will probably different then with what I've come up with. Anyway thanks for reading my stuff:)

Sebagent
09-09-2003, 05:41 PM
My username is Sebagent. I know an awsome cartoonist/artist, who works primarily in 2D. Maybe I could get you guys together!
Visit http://www.SebastianStudio.com and then email me @ miamrksvc@imt.net I look forward to talking to you!!

Sebagent

chrisdejoya
09-12-2003, 04:20 AM
If I find out that you're the great Justin Kaufman "el coro"...I'd find it so hilarious.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.