PDA

View Full Version : Please help me with a simple issue...I think...

FarshadRoknipour
08-14-2007, 09:23 PM
O.K. I have modeled a low poly Saguaro for a static object within a game...Now my geometry at the moment looks fine, but when I try to either weld vertices or boolean union the branch to the trunk of the Saguaro, it makes my geometry really ugly. Also when I look at it with Soft Edges on, or triangulate on, it looks pretty ugly for some reason. What is the best way to attach the branch of the Saguaro, to the trunk? I have a 3 screenshots attached. One is of the branch I want to attach, the other is the trunk I am trying to attach the branch too. The third screenshot is just both parts of the Saguaro...Please give me some advice, I really would appreciate it!

Gephoria
08-14-2007, 09:29 PM
booleans are evil, nightmare to texture, i suggest cut out a face and weld the attatchments on as to boolean. i hope this helps you :)

FarshadRoknipour
08-14-2007, 09:35 PM
Well, I tried cutting into the corresponding rectangle on the trunk of the Saguaro, to match the shape of the branch. Then I weld the vertices together and it still makes my geometry ugly...I want to stay away from booleaning.

P.S. Do you mean cutout a face and then boolean the branch to it? Or weld the vertices to the face i cut out?

Can you please be a little more specific on your technique to do it? Do you by any chance have aim, msn etc?

Thanks in advance for the help!

CGTalk Moderation
08-14-2007, 09:35 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.