PDA

View Full Version : The Hapless Hero - Character & Environment - Dimension

DiMENSiON
03-30-2003, 12:51 AM
Hey,

Well, here's the background information:

In the days of the commodore 64, a group of not very highly respected at all scientists got together and began a highly classified project. The "Secrect project". They began building the ultimate super bot. The Como-Bot-X. A robot designed for two thing. Protecting the people, and Sushi preperation. When Como-Bot X was finished, the time had come to turn it on. Immediately it began chopping sushi, and pondering ways of protecting the people. Problem was though, the scientists overestimated the commodore 64's processing power. The bot functioned so slowly and stupidly that it was completely useless. On a journey to become smarter, and add extra commodore processors to it's "brain", it got lost in the mountains. Occasionally it finds a logger, or hiker and follows them trying to protect them, however each time they get spooked and run. It's a sad place for Como-Bot-X. His efforts may be futile, however he must continue on with his duty.

Anyhoo. I've never painted before, and I just picked up a Graphire 2 last weekend, so I'll see what happens. This challenge looks like fun, so I had to enter. :p

The mountains in the pic have just been started, and the robot and cliff are just there to give an idea of the final composition. I've just begun desigining the robot, and I should have some ideas up soon.

http://www.cgchallenge.com/entries/22707/30_large.jpg

dinlenmis
03-30-2003, 10:18 AM
A hapless robot is a good idea for the challenge. Noone seems to respect a commodore 64, but they had a sense as well...

Jokke
03-31-2003, 05:13 PM
Nice concept! :) Though I think I'm too young to remember much about the commodore 64 :p I'd like to see some more sketches of the robot... any way, rock on! :buttrock:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.