PDA

View Full Version : how to make looping effects? example= repetitive 30 frame animation of moving clouds

Piotrek255
08-13-2007, 11:47 AM
I'm using 3dmax, and i would like to know how to make such thing, i'm familiar with pFlow and afterburn, but i dont seem to find out how to make a short looping effect, for example clouds that move to the front continuously in a short animation (about 30 frames for example) , that i could then render, and use on a flash website. such animation would be low size, and would loop itself without the person noticing its just 30 frames.

thanks for any help that you can give me on this topic.

depleteD
08-13-2007, 06:58 PM
i did this for a test when i was at bioware on how to get looping fire out of fume.

What I did was take the animation and offset it by half its length.
Then overlay a copy of the animation at the that starts at the middle minus a couple frames of your render animation.
Now you have a animation that starts at the middle of your render and ends at the middle of your render with a hitch in the middle.
All you have to do is get rid of that hitch.
Do a gradient swipe along the direction that matches the average motion of your animation that also blends a texture into the mask that kind of matches the texture of your animation.

tottaly seamless. :D

hope this helps man

CGTalk Moderation
08-13-2007, 06:58 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.