PDA

View Full Version : ULTIMATE Head Tut for Blender Online !

WizardNx
03-29-2003, 07:37 PM
Hi to every Blender-heads !

For a long time i searched a way to model realistic heads but there aren't good tuts enough on the web...

So i found a new technic very great (modeling assissted by a mesh with the build effect) and i wrote a great tut which whom you can do this head very easily :

http://www.mental-orb.com/u-head.jpg

The tut is only available in french for the moment, but it will be translated in english soon !

110 pictures, 7 pages, and a blend to assist you interactively for you to do a realistic head with blender !

www.alfonsi.org/wizardnx (http://www.alfonsi.org/wizardnx )

i hope it could help a lot of blendies who wanna model great heads, like me before...

Enjoy Blending !

Bye
WizardNx - Blender-head since Blender 1.8

Bapsis
03-29-2003, 07:42 PM
Right on, thanks for the effort at writting a tute. I'm defiantly looking forward to the english version as my french is....pretty much no existant!!! :)

Matt

WizardNx
03-29-2003, 07:47 PM
Yes it will be available soon...
The tut is actually being translated by a friend (a very BIG thank to him)...
I'll post it here and on Elysiun when it will be done !

Blender RuleZ

Bye
WizNx.

paradox
03-29-2003, 07:50 PM
Excellent, I'm looking forward to the English version. I looked at the tutorial anyway and think you did an excellent job. This is something that has been needed for a while. Even without understanding French I was able to see how this would be useful. It is also good to see a tute on building a head using this method of adding faces and building from scratch. I'm presently learning to build heads in wings then transfer them into Blender to fix up and finish, but I had planned after learning the basic structure of heads to then build them in Blender from scratch adding faces ect like your method so your tutorial is timely and useful for me, well done. It is always nice to see more than one way to do something, as this gives you a choice on what method you want to use for any project.
Paradox

JA-forreal
03-30-2003, 05:23 PM
Great tutorial WizardNx! You can also use the knife tool to slice faces in "f-key" uv mapping mode along with Box modeling methods that are super fast in Blender. -

http://www.yo.rim.or.jp/~yamyam/tmp/rustyknife.py

Just enter face mode, run the script, select two faces or a loop of faces and hit the cut button. And when back in edit mode select the Remove Doubles key to remove the extra vertexes you just created. Keep it all Quads! It's not as simple as the knife tools in other 3d apps, but it works like a charm and doesn't create unwanted faces like the Blender face subdivision method.

WizardNx
03-30-2003, 05:31 PM
Yes JA-Foreal I know this script but, as I already said to a friend who said the same thing, using this script will not be good with the technique of the tut...

This tut is interactive, it work with the build effect for you to follow the mesh building to stay in good proportions... Doing this tut following the mesh (optional) with the building effect don't allow you to modify faces like this...

So I wrote the tut following the building of the head...

bye
WizardNx.

JA-forreal
03-30-2003, 05:52 PM
As I said, "with the box modeling method" that I use in Blender, the rustyknife script works fine. Your tutorial is one of the age old point and edge extrude modeling method that anyone can learn with ease and practice. Your method should help Blender modelers to see that they can build any model that they choose with Blenders modeling tools.

And if you wanted to cut a loop of polys arround the eyes or mouth real quick the rustyknife script will make that process a breeze. It just helps you to speed up some phases of your modeling in Blender that's all.

WizardNx
03-30-2003, 06:26 PM
yes, it's true :)
But i didn't really think about rusty knife when i wrote this tute :rolleyes:

Did you read the tut or look at it ? It will be available soon in english ! You'll understand why I can't use Rusty Knife in it !

Bye
WizardNx.

JA-forreal
03-30-2003, 08:39 PM
The only reason why I mentioned the rustyknife script is that some Blender users have read great tutorials like yours and they still complain about Blenders lack of good modeling features. They will say that Wings3d is needed to model great things for Blender. We know that this is not true.

Here is a link to my other thread on Quad modeling-

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44399&perpage=15&pagenumber=3

-go down to the bottom and look at the links. The rustyknife tool really comes in handy when you have to add alot of surface details to your model in Blender. It allows you to split the faces, then you can deface and reface the surrounding points. This way you add detail inside to areas in your mesh for wrinkles, etc.

I hope to finish my Blender Box Modeling Tutorial by the summer so that I can further show my complete Blender quad technique.

Yeah WizardNx, Blender has all the tools you need to do anything that can be done with a 3d software. And you tutorial is proof of this. Great work!

JA-forreal
03-30-2003, 08:45 PM
And Sheep Factory please make this thread "Sticky".

WizardNx Head tutorial is a basic Blender tutorial that will help all new Blender head modelers in the future.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.