PDA

View Full Version : TGA files and After Effects

koon69
03-29-2003, 03:05 PM
Has anyone used rendered tga files from hash and brought them into After Effects to add any effects to the images? I want to learn the process of rendering a animation in Hash as tga files (which I know) bring into After Effects. In After Efefcts combine those tga files with maybe other files rendered in another 3d app. And how to add effects in the tga files while in AE. I guess trying to learn how to combine Hash-AE and another 3d app. Any sugegstions or tutes?
Thanks!

Wegg
03-29-2003, 07:07 PM
Just make sure to do the "Luninance Premultiplied" when your layering your renderings that have Alpha Channels out of AM.

koon69
03-29-2003, 10:13 PM
What is Luninance Premultiplied? So I redner tga out of AM making sure that alpha channels are there - how do I do this? Dont tga have alphas already? If I do an effect in AE I just effect that single tga right? How do I "overlay" another tga or rendered image from another 3d app like Wings or C4D? Liek I have a figure in AM running. But I have a cool car modeled in Rhino. I render both of these. How do I combine them in After Effects?

Thanks Billy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :>

Wegg
03-30-2003, 03:30 AM
Well thats all real basic AE stuff and. . . you should probably have a look through your manual to find out how all that works.

koon69
03-30-2003, 04:22 AM
I'll give it a go. I hate reading manuals. think Im going to buy the AE book by Linda Weimann - heard the book is really good. Thanks!

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.