PDA

View Full Version : How can I create Z Depth in Fusion?

AbhijitINDIA
08-11-2007, 06:27 AM
Hi all together,

How can I set the Z Depth in fusion when I am working with .rla file or any other image sequence file?

Thx

stevecullum
08-11-2007, 07:22 PM
As long as you have the Z depth channel available in the image (usually setup from the software your rendering from), just use the deep pixel effects to make use of that information.

What is it you need to do?

AbhijitINDIA
08-13-2007, 08:18 AM
Hello All,

Actually I am using a JPEG image. I like to create fake Z-depth using another input connection/input file. Is it possible in Fusion? If possible, How can I do it?

Thanks

stevecullum
08-13-2007, 03:50 PM
So did you need to know how to create a fake Z-depth image or how to apply it to the composition?

Can you post up the jpg in question?

There are several ways to achieve either of the above, but using the right strategy depends on the composition.

AbhijitINDIA
08-16-2007, 09:16 AM
The Attachment file is my JPG on which I want to sompose fog depending on fake z-depth value created by another file as input value.

stevecullum
08-17-2007, 01:37 AM
This is how I might go about adding fog to the scene. Its very rough to show you the approch.

In order to create a decent depth map you will need to create a greyscale map in a bitmap editor, where the furthest objects from you start black and the ones getting nearest the camera are white. I've just swept a gradient down the Y for speed.

Hope it inspires a method for you...

AbhijitINDIA
08-20-2007, 08:42 AM
Hello stevecullum,

Thanks a lot for your valuable advice about zdepth in fusion. But I am not getting the same type of result as you done on my_jpg. Actually I am confused about the Aux Channels of ChannelBooleans. Will you please help me to clear the exact operation what you did in your composition for ChannelBooleans.

Thanking you,
Abhijit

stevecullum
08-20-2007, 11:16 AM
The channel booleans tool can be a little confusing at first, but when you get the hang of it, its easy.

Essentially what I've done here is tell the channel booleans node to use the red channel of the foreground image (thats the green conection) as the Z_buffer. And use the RGB channels of the background image as the RGB for its colour output.

chrisp420
09-07-2007, 09:07 PM
1. First connect your zdepth pass to a boolean. Set Alpha Channel to white.
2. Then connect to Frischluft...Depth of Field from the AE plugins. Connect your boolean to the depth layer connection. Connect your color element to the Input Channel. That should get you started.

CGTalk Moderation
09-07-2007, 09:07 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.