PDA

View Full Version : A lonely monk

staglider2
04-08-2002, 02:34 AM
this one is inspired by Craig Mullins.

ParanoidAndroid
04-08-2002, 03:09 AM
Wow! very impressive. Did you sketch that first or was it all done from scratch?

staglider2
04-08-2002, 03:21 AM
I started photoshop, pressed CTRL-N and started to move the stylus on the wacom tablet ;-) from scratch ;-)

ParanoidAndroid
04-08-2002, 03:46 AM
Wacom...gotta get one! :D

BTW your bald headed guy is very impressive too. Keep up the great work.

staglider2
04-08-2002, 04:05 AM
Yeah, my photoshop work was very restricted before i got the wacom...basically you just can't do much more than do image corrections, making selections and touch up work, if u really want to draw like you would in a sketchbook or on painting on canvas, a wacom is necessary. You dont draw in your sketchbook with a block of soap ;-)

ParanoidAndroid
04-08-2002, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by staglider2
Yeah, my photoshop work was very restricted before i got the wacom...basically you just can't do much more than do image corrections, making selections and touch up work, if u really want to draw like you would in a sketchbook or on painting on canvas, a wacom is necessary. You dont draw in your sketchbook with a block of soap ;-)

I've actually adapted to the mouse and have come up with some decent results (my avatar isnt one of them ;) ) but I tell ya using the mouse does a job on my clicking finger and sometimes the mouse just doesnt want to move in the right direction.

Seeing you own a Wacom I'm going to ask you what you think of the Wacom Graphire 2... I know it's one of the lower end tablets but I'm not rich....yet. :D I'm assuming any tablet will be better than this damn mouse!

staglider2
04-08-2002, 06:34 AM
I do everything with a Graphire 1. It works great, its only 100 euro's and you have wacom technology ;-) I used an Intuos 2 A4 and A Cintiq at a company and those are of course a digital drawing mastertools but very expensive ;-(( A Cintiq is great fun, you draw straight into the photoshop interface

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.