PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade questions...

Pesto
08-10-2007, 06:24 PM
Hi all,
I got Vue 5 Infinite when I upgraded my LW a while back. My questions are:

1. Is there a problem upgrading to Vue 6 Infinite because I got Vue 5I with LW?
2. What exactly is the difference between the downlaodable upgrade and the boxed version (besides manual)?
3. Anyone have any problems upgrading from the LW promo?

Thanks

IvanB
08-11-2007, 06:07 AM
Hi,

I purchased Vue 5 Inf, in order to get free update to vue 6, which I got and was fine, I then upgraded/sidegraded to vue 6 xstream, which I use with Lightwave. I have the final release (as you would..not pre-release) and have updated it to vue 6.50 (291733), via the downloadable update/fixes from e-on website, all is fine.

I think your right, the only difference I would have though are the manuals with boxed version, oh and the pretty box itself oh and not forgetting the actual disks. I would think you would have to update that version aswell, via the downloadable updates. Which insudently are up to the 6th update/fix.

I had no problems upgrading...apart from the extremely long download times, which I'm sure they have fixed.

Hope this answeres your questions.http://forums.cgsociety.org/images/icons/icon13.gif

guardonduty
04-10-2008, 02:44 PM
What is the COST of Vue 6 if you are upgrading\sidegrading from Lightwave\Vue5 bundle deal. I also got that Vue5 bundle deal back when. TIA

guardonduty
04-10-2008, 08:29 PM
Got my answer. Thanks

CGTalk Moderation
04-10-2008, 08:29 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.