PDA

View Full Version : Fluid Texture

websdas
08-10-2007, 03:39 PM
Hi, everybody, how can i make the texture movement which can be matched with fluid motion while i am using Maya Fluid?

I found that i can key "texture time" in fluidshape, so that there are some texture movement but it looks very 2D and did not match with the original fluid motion.

And when i set the "coordinate method" to "grid", high "coordinate speed" (e.g. 1) will make the texture sheared which look like flow / liquid motion.

Any suggestions, everyone? Please help...

websdas
08-10-2007, 03:41 PM
Actually, i wanna to make a thick smoke by Maya Fluid...

mandark1011
08-10-2007, 05:06 PM
Texture time is the amount the texture will change over time not the movement.

your texture time coordinates will have to be animated over time to "flow" with your smoke.

thomwickes
08-10-2007, 06:01 PM
if you want your texture to move with your fluid set the coordinate method to 'grid' this pushes the texture around with the density. play with the coordinate speed to get the results you want

thomwickes
08-10-2007, 06:03 PM
if you want thick smoke i would get the simulation perfect before worrying about the texturing

websdas
08-11-2007, 02:07 AM
Thank you for your reply. I did get the simulation perfect by low resolution first and try to simulate by high resolution again. However, i found that some horizontal line (i think it is the voxel edge due to high density) in fluid even how high resolution the fluid was. As i can't afford too high resolution, i just want to improve it by texture.

azshall
08-21-2007, 08:01 PM
I wrote a handy script to help aid in editing the fluid texture. It will help you visualize the values so you can actually see what the texture will resemble. The link below will take you to the highend3d download...

Fluid Texturizer (http://www.highend3d.com/maya/downloads/mel_scripts/dynamics/Fluid-Texturizer-4629.html)

Seth

thomwickes
08-21-2007, 08:53 PM
yeah i use this - its good :)

websdas
08-22-2007, 04:39 PM
it's really good, thank you very much!! :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
08-22-2007, 04:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.