PDA

View Full Version : noob question about exporting from Shake

cedlong
08-10-2007, 12:37 AM
Hello, and please be patient with me as I ask the obvious! I am a FCP editor who has just started learning Shake. I've just created my first tree and want to render/export it. I'd like to open it up in Final Cut Pro. I have tried rendering in vaious ways, and opened up Qmaster, but I can't seem to get it to simple render and then save/export my lovely new composite!

Please help!
Thanks,
Chris

beaker
08-11-2007, 03:44 AM
Just use a fileout node and then render that. You really should read the tutorial pdf that comes with Shake. It explains all the basics of using Shake.

thehive
08-13-2007, 02:00 PM
yea jus use a file out an check your settings if u want to keep transparaency you need to need to render to like a tga or tiff something that keeps alpha quicktime or video format from what i know will not keep alpha to render to file is tricky i always to to read the help cause i forget but it like this

name.##.tga the # means how many leading zeros your goin to have 3 is safe number unless your in to the 10s of thousands of frames

WmH
08-13-2007, 09:57 PM
yea jus use a file out an check your settings if u want to keep transparaency you need to need to render to like a tga or tiff something that keeps alpha quicktime or video format from what i know will not keep alpha to render to file is tricky i always to to read the help cause i forget but it like this

name.##.tga the # means how many leading zeros your goin to have 3 is safe number unless your in to the 10s of thousands of frames

Quicktime is a datapipe not a codec or a file format. Several of the quicktime codecs (encoder/decoder) installed by default do support alpha (I commonly use animation, png and tiff in comp and pixlet for edit output (no alpha)) There are also literally dozens (perhaps a hundred or more) of optional codecs for quicktime (I currently show 54 QT codecs in my system (a quick count, though I know several are outdated and some are size/rate variants))

Here is a handy list of some of the free QT codecs available (look for alpha support in the notes)
http://codec.kiev.ua/quicktime.htm

P.S. Forgot to point out that the top group of codecs in the list are the default installed with QT-7

CGTalk Moderation
08-13-2007, 09:57 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.