PDA

View Full Version : Motionblender

dragonfollower
03-29-2003, 01:46 AM
Sorry people, yet another question.......hopefully the last one for a while. If I can figure this out, I'll be able to finish my first project and I can post it online for everyone to see.

I'm using motionblender to do my character's eye movement with. I followed the instructions and set everything up like in the manual but for some reason, the sliders have no effect. Any ideas what the problem could be? I was wondering if it might have to do with its place in the hierarchy. Does it need to be parented to anything? And if so, what?

Thanks in advance!

-Brian

mg3d
03-29-2003, 03:00 AM
ok...let me guess. the slider works in setup mode but not in animate mode? Just like before, reselect you item's bone deform..go to the Target Object Options and reselect you object in the drop down list and make sure that your "use predeformed points" is checked.

have fun :)

-mG

mg3d
04-01-2003, 05:18 PM
whoah dude, my bad...I thought your were talking about MorphBlender! Next time I'll read the topic a bit better.

Sorry about that.

-mG

ThomasHelzle
04-01-2003, 11:17 PM
Can you post a sample-scene? (mpj)
Why are you using Motionblender for this?
Seems a bit odd??? :curious:

Regards,

Thomas Helzle

dragonfollower
04-02-2003, 12:47 AM
Actually, your advice about morphblender applied to this as well! Everything's working good now. Thanks! I'm using Motionblender because my character's eyes are parented to two bones. I've used motionblender to tie the rotation of those bones to a slider. Is there a better way? If so, by all means let me know! Thanks again.

-Brian

ThomasHelzle
04-02-2003, 09:32 PM
I think I'm more of a techie, so I would generate a slider and connect it to an expression that controls the rotation angle of the eye directly....

But I'd never do it that way, I'm allways using an eye-target that I animate and the eyes look at that.
I can give you more details if you want ... ;-)

Best Regards,

Thomas Helzle

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.