PDA

View Full Version : Mixer / Multiple .bip files

morrisf89
08-09-2007, 10:28 AM
Hello, I've done a fair amount of work with 3ds max in terms of modeling, lighting etc, but I am just now starting to get into the animation aspect of it. I've read a bunch of tutorials already so I've got my biped inside my mesh etc etc here is my question:

I've got a few free .bip motion files I've downloaded so I can play around a little.
The first one is just a running animation, the second is the body reacting to an explosion and being throw backward, How can I load both of these and run them together (one after the other).

I've tried using the mixer and heres my results... Biped runs from point A to point B. then when the second animation starts the biped resets to point A then gets blown back to point -a haha I can't seem to get the second animation to take place where the first one left off??

Also when I add footsteps using the footstep tool then go into the mixer to add an explosion after the steps, the steps get erased... If anyone can shed any light to help me out with this problem it would be greatly appreciated, or even a link to a tutorial or two that cover this subject. Thanks in advance for everyones time...

~Mike

Luisk
08-09-2007, 05:28 PM
Hi Mike...to solve your problem try right cliking on the channel where you loaded your BIP files, select "convert to transition track"...and then you're good..what happens with this type of track is that it creates a transition between 2 clips so that the second continues where the first ended...you can adjust this transition also...
the mixer is really good for mocap purposes, it just has its tricks..

let me know if this works or not..

c ya,

CGTalk Moderation
08-09-2007, 05:28 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.