PDA

View Full Version : tga saving in PS7

Rivendale
03-28-2003, 08:59 PM
Hi, why can't I save tga's with an alpha channel in Photoshop 7?
In photoshop 6 there was no problem. What must I do?

meats
03-28-2003, 09:38 PM
Go to adobe.com and get the update. They fixed it a few weeks after it was released.

Rivendale
03-29-2003, 12:48 AM
It works now, thank you very much!

adri80386
04-05-2003, 01:32 PM
I do recomend to purchase 5.5 instead versions 6 or 7. Adobe is trying, again to change the world, and has changed the way that v6 and v7 handle the alpha channel. (probably just to promote an unknown commercial interest).

PS6 and PS7 can not, any longer, to modify the alpha channel and then saving the file with modified alpha channel This is the basic requirement for composing purposes, is perfectly handled by PS 5. This is true for many for formats like .tga, .png and many others except for .psd and .tif (?). Take a look here>
http://remotesensing.org/lists/libtiff_archive/msg01521.html

To be able to handle alpha channel in PS7, Adobe is offering an patch update to v7.05 in theirs web site. But, as expected, due to those obscure commercial interests, there is no way to apply the patch.

Does anybody knows any modern Photoshop replacement, able to handle alpha channels correctly ?

Thanks in advance

pd1. In order to reinstall PS 5.5 you have to remove PS6 completly, not leaving any .dll of it. This is not a requirement for PS7

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.