PDA

View Full Version : Allan Mckay's fracture script help!

shirak23
08-08-2007, 07:11 PM
I'm trying to do the tutorial on Allan Mckay's site using his fracture script. I can't get it to work at all, though.

I get this error: -- Argument count error: object create wanted 0, got 1

I don't know anything about scripting so I was hoping someone could give me a clue.

Thanks!

innovatorz
08-13-2007, 01:25 AM
You can send me the script and i'll check if it works.

shirak23
08-16-2007, 09:01 PM
sorry I haven't replied earlier, just been busy. I'll get that to you in a day or two.
Thanks!

Hordak
08-17-2007, 12:46 AM
You create your mesh. then run the script, then select target obj, set the options as you want them. then fracture.

If you do something wrong you have to close the floater and run the script anew.

I know you maybe did this... but just in case

rotanadan
08-22-2007, 05:09 PM
I cant get the birth script to work, says it has errors, what gives?

supremepizza
10-03-2007, 04:49 PM
If you're still playing with this please post the code in a code window here. Then list the name/s of the objects related to the script that you are using in your scene.

sethwolford
10-04-2007, 03:53 AM
I have been getting errors with this script from Allans tutorial also. I have included the script and am using his fracture script to generate the chunks. I get the pieces to go but they are not going quite right. I am including a pic of my problem.

I cant figure out why there is still geometery when the deflector passes thru. I have hidden mesh so it is not that. I am still learning and would appreciate any help:)

Wicked
10-04-2007, 11:07 AM
[...]
I cant figure out why there is still geometery when the deflector passes thru.
[...]
Because in your flow you have a display-operator in both the events! :)

If you want the fragments to be a different kind of geometry, you should include a Shape (Instance)-operator in your second event.

sethwolford
10-04-2007, 06:22 PM
I tried removing the display from each event and it was not right. Alll I am left with is particles appearing when the deflector passes thru.

I am including a pic of what I am talking about btween the difference of allans result and mine.

Wicked
10-04-2007, 06:27 PM
Ah I see..
You should hide your geometry in the scene. In Allans part of the screen all the geometry you see are just particles.

In your part the particles AND your geometry is visible :)

sethwolford
10-04-2007, 06:31 PM
Hiding the mesh was the first thing I did so it cant be that. I dont think it is the script. I am at a lost of why this is occuring.

Wicked
10-04-2007, 06:59 PM
If I remember correctly you have...

1 original mesh
fragments
pflow fragments (particles)
...in your scene. Right?
If you hide the first 2 and then still have the same result as shown before, then there is something wrong about your scene. It should work :)
Care to share the .max file?

sethwolford
10-04-2007, 07:16 PM
yeah I hid all except pflow and have the problem. I can create a regular pflow and have particles move where they are supposed. The problem seems to be the birthscript event method. Here is a link to the file.

http://www.sethwolford.com/fracture.max

sethwolford
10-04-2007, 07:38 PM
I got this working right with Bobo's script from the tutorials on his website. I just changed the global variable from box to fragment to work.

on ChannelsUsed pCont do
(
pCont.useAge = true
pCont.useTM = true
pCont.useShape = true
)

on Init pCont do
(
global ChunksArray = $Box* as array
)

on Proceed pCont do
(
t = pCont.getTimeStart() as float

if t < 0 do
(
NumChunks = ChunksArray.count

for i = 1 to NumChunks do
(
pCont.AddParticle()
pCont.particleIndex = pCont.NumParticles()
pCont.particleAge = 0
pCont.particleTM = ChunksArray[i].transform
pCont.particleShape = ChunksArray[i].mesh
)
)
)

on Release pCont do
(

)

Now I just have to go and figure out what the difference was between the two for my own education :)

Thanks for all the help and Thanks to Allan and Bobo for the great tutorials !

Nixonx
11-11-2007, 10:17 AM
bump.

Hello, i have been working on a project and have beent trying to get the fracture script to work. i have made it work in a single scene but for some reason i can make it work in my "real" scene. i use the exact same flow and script but it just dosent seem to work.
http://files.ckdpc.com/files/2/through_roof02_.rar <--- the file
you may need pen-attribute holder to open it part of the character rigs involved, or just skip it all its the glass in the roof thats having the trouble.

any idea's how to fix?

CGTalk Moderation
11-11-2007, 10:17 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.