PDA

View Full Version : Character: Simmy SparkleCraft

Max4d
03-28-2003, 05:49 PM
Hey dudes

I have just finished my fifth character in a line of fantasy characters. Those of you that are wondering why I only draw heads for the time being, this is why. I am currently making a sort of portfolio for an art school in the Netherlands, called the HKU. I want to follow the class of animatronics there, but they only accept 14 of the 200 people that apply there. And they donít want to see 3d, but they wanít to see ideas, 2D. They want to see how creative you are. The 3D aspect will be learned there. I mainly draw heads because they are the strongpoint of every detailed character. The head reveals much of ones character. I will draw bodies in a while but not yet:D

So I present to you Simmy Sparklecraft. An old mageling gnome with quit some spunk to it :D. I am still a noob in te way of shading and drawing, because of my lack of time. Anybody who lives in the Netherlands knows that school is quit important there and I am following quit a high level of educucation. So I just donít have enough time. Therefore I only have 1,5 hours a day to spend on drawing. So that explains my slow progress for the time being.
Still, I know itís a shitty picture and compared to talented artist like Maria and Raul-Reznek, who are of my age, I suckÖ..

But I hope you guys will help me with this and give me some good and harsch C&C. :D:D I learn very much from the commentís people post on this forum and I love it like hell. So please post and donít forget to fill in the poll. That way, you can quickly say if you like it or not, if you donít have the time to post any comment .

I hope you like Simmy, I certainly do not. Damn, why do I have to be such a perfectionist :D:D That way, I will never enjoy the art I create.. sigh. Ah well, enough of that pathetic talk, just give me some good comment and I will get better :D

http://www.threedy.com/showthread.php?threadid=5137

Greetz Max4d

PS, pictures made with digital camera, so the quality of the light ainít as good as that of a scanner.

mattregnier
03-28-2003, 06:42 PM
It's a great head, but I still don't see how it is unique from every other one you've drawn. Try changing around facial features, not just skin tones and you've got a winner :)

bumskee
03-30-2003, 10:04 PM
he looks depressed,
u should make him look more evil...maybe it's his eyes.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.