PDA

View Full Version : wacom tablet question

Dark-Angel
03-28-2003, 06:40 PM
i did some search havent ended up with what i was looking for. wanted to know what was the diffrence btw all the diffrent wacom tablets, mostly diffrence btw a intuos and intuos2. and this probleme i heard of monitor interfering with tablet, if i have a less then 1 year old monitor will this happen?

dvornik
03-28-2003, 08:25 PM
Intuos2 gets less interference than Intuos1. But if you put it right next to a CRT monitor it will still get interference.

Other than that Intuos2 pen is heavier and thicker and has a rubber grip; the mouse is redisigned to have a wheel and it totally sucks.

Interference will happen if your tablet is positioned next to your monitor, not sure about LCD monitors though.

aYs
03-28-2003, 09:11 PM
there's no interference with my crt as long as the refreshrate is not 60Hz
the cursor is really going mad at 60Hz
so it seems to depend on the refreshrate but i did not test it with all refreshrates

btw, my intuos 1 is very close to my crt but i noticed any problems with 80 or 100Hz

no problems at all with LCDs a they work in acompletely different way

ggg
03-28-2003, 10:36 PM
The lower the refresh and larger and older the monitor the more interference, ie my older 24" sonys at 60hz with wacom near is crazy shakey. I have not tested an intous2 to compare.
The old 3 button mouse on the intous is great, I agree the new wheel one sucks

sirius
03-30-2003, 12:21 PM
i like the 4 button wheel mouse, the wheel goes very ok, it works like an accelerated scroller, less moving your middlefinger.

MCronin
03-30-2003, 12:53 PM
The biggest differences between the Intuos and Intuos 2. This is comparing an Intuos 6x8 vs Intuos 2 6x8. The Intuos I owned was bought within weeks of them being released and it didn't come with a mouse. Maybe only the larger tablets did.

Intuos 2 has double the pressure sensitivity of the Intuos
Intuos 2 has more than double the tablet resolution of the Intuos
Intuos 2 includes the 3 button wireless, battery free mouse, Intuos did not
Intuos 2 includes the new grip pen, Intuos has an ergonomic pen
Intuos 2 supports tilt, not sure, but I don't think Intuos I had supported tilt.

I find speakers to be a greater interference than a monitor. My Intuos 2 sits about 5 inches from my 22 inch CRT and I don't have interference problems.

Sloan
02-12-2004, 12:21 AM
Just wanted to point out that both the Intuos and Intuos2 have the same pressure sensitivity, resolution and both have same tilt specs. (I compared the handbooks with both)

You are right on the grip pen and mouse and interference issues however. :)

jud
02-12-2004, 01:20 PM
I have a wacom volito(aaahhh) A5 and it sits right in front of the monitor and there is no interference and my monitor is about 3 or 4 years old!

jud

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.