PDA

View Full Version : Is it posible to keep Z curve straight in Run.

kasana
08-07-2007, 04:00 PM
Hi
Please help me out as I've been listening about keeping Z curve(maya) straight in Run.
but after trying many time I am not able to keep it straight. Is it posible?

ErikSvensson
08-07-2007, 06:28 PM
How do you mean straight? In curve editor? just take linear on the Zcurve. or do you mean were the legs are going? then the foot controller must have Z axis as local axis to make it work.

Erik

kasana
08-08-2007, 03:51 AM
thnks Erik.
I mean Z curve of pelvis controller in graph Editor. But if I try to keep it straight then I can't set key poses on required spacing. As I heard we should keep Z curve straight in walk or Run.

ErikSvensson
08-08-2007, 04:48 AM
Ah the pelvis. Yeah i was doing a run yesterday and it was really hard to keep stuff straight. I think its more important to keep it straight in a walk than a run though, you notice the problems more then. If it looks good, it is good. You'll figure something out, i hope :)

Erik

kasana
08-08-2007, 05:12 AM
ya it not that difficult in Walk. but in Run by making some changes I am able to do the Run. when I will done with this, I will upload here.

Hyphen
08-08-2007, 08:14 PM
i say don't worry about it. if the run looks good then why worry about whether or not the z curve is all straight in the graph editer? if a certain technique hinders your workflow then i think you should ditch it...as long as it works and looks good, that's all that should really matter.

kasana
08-09-2007, 03:54 AM
thanks hyphen
Ya Agree. and by cheating now I am doing the same. Let see.

CGTalk Moderation
08-09-2007, 03:54 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.