PDA

View Full Version : Rendercows and Ecosystems


rocketsledd
08-06-2007, 11:00 PM
Hey all. Rather at the end of my rope here. I'm a new Vuer trying to set up a cheap litte rendergarden between my Dual G5 and a MacMini Intel. Everything is working great except for the fact that it does not appear that my ecosystem is being transferred in the file distribution phase.

I'm getting one quarter of the image rendering fine (the quarter that is being rendered from the localhost G5) and the other three quarters being rendered by the mini which contain everything but the ecosystem.

Any clues? I can't find anything like this on the e-on knowledgebase. Did I miss something in the manual? All of these bits and pieces are UB, correct? I had a somewhat similar problem with network rendering with C4D that was solved by grabbing the UB version of a particular shader. I'm hoping this is something similarly stupid on my part.

Thanks in advance.

J.

Wabe
08-07-2007, 06:34 AM
What have you used in the ecosystem? By chance some copy-protected items from Cornucopia3D? I found and reported a problem with netwrok rendering on Mac. That copy-protected items are left out when trying to render them via network. With other items it works fine here - Mac Pro, two G4s and two Windows 2000 machines. Even when the Mac Pro is doing most of the work here.

mwalter1
08-07-2007, 01:11 PM
Make sure you have the latest beta update. I think it helped Macs with network rendering.

rocketsledd
08-07-2007, 02:17 PM
Ah yes. As of last night I'd begun to suspect some kind of problem with the copy protected stuff. This was just a test scene for setting this network up so I just picked an object. It was indeed something I'd gotten from cornucopia. That object (one of the Incredibly Lush series) wasn't copy protect but it was based on a species that was.

I thought that might be the problem so I swapped it out with one of the stock trees that came with vue, summer cherry tree I think (which I am guessing is also copy protected), and it wouldn't render at all on the slave machine. Everything just got stuck on the transferring scene phase.

Ah well. Hope that gets fixed soon. I do think I have the most recent beta but I'll double-check to make sure.

Thanks for the ideas. At least now I can probably stop banging my head against the wall.

J.

rocketsledd
08-07-2007, 03:23 PM
An update on this and it's good news and bad news.

Lo and behold there was indeed a new beta update...v6.5. Nice surprise.

Downloaded and installed the update and after a bit of frustration getting the Rendercow on the slave to update, everything is working fine with the summer cherry tree. Everything gets sent and rendered correctly.

The initial problem with the Incredibly Lush collection based on the Bulky Conifer (both Cornucopia 3D stuff) is still present. Also swapped everything out for another Cornucopia tree and again, same thing. The entire file gets rendered but with only one tile being rendered with the trees. The "sending textures" pass doesn't happen.

Off to draft up a tech support ticket.

Laters.

J.

CGTalk Moderation
08-07-2007, 03:23 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.