PDA

View Full Version : Blur`s a "Gentleman`s duel" now online!

yolao
08-06-2007, 06:52 PM
SORRY GUYS AND GALS.

I decided to edit my post because this turn out to be a ripped section of the STASH #32 DVD that some one puts online...i did not know that...i never heard of stash before until now.

So if you want to see the short, go and buy the STASH #32 DVD...

Or in any case wait until the guys from blur make an "OFFICIAL RELEASE".

Best Regards.

meyers3d
08-06-2007, 07:03 PM
Beyond awesome, I loved every second of it! Fantastic job Blur :thumbsup:

monovich
08-06-2007, 07:04 PM
wow. just wow. they upped their own bar. Love how they didn't dumb it down for "the kids" just becauase its animated.

-sf

Pinoy McGee
08-06-2007, 07:23 PM
Compression doesn't do it justice! Someone, post links to the HD version. Please. :)

Kaszub
08-06-2007, 07:26 PM
wow. just wow. they upped their own bar. Love how they didn't dumb it down for "the kids" just becauase its animated.

-sf

You're right - They "dumbed it down" for "the adults", not for "the kids" ;)
Visuals are great! Fantastic art direction & character design :)

SoLiTuDe
08-06-2007, 07:26 PM
Compression doesn't do it justice! Someone, post links to the HD version. Please. :)

You're absolutely right, compression doesn't do it justice. *watches the 1080p version* :)

Oh, and i wouldn't really call it being "now online" somebody ripped that off of a stash dvd and compressed the hell out of it for "online" use.

ingramworks
08-06-2007, 07:33 PM
Another wow. Even at low res the images look great, can't wait to see a HD version. The story really had me laughing. Congrats to all the guys at Blur that worked on it. Awesome job.

yolao
08-06-2007, 07:34 PM
Oh, and i wouldn't really call it being "now online" somebody ripped that off of a stash dvd and compressed the hell out of it for "online" use.

Yes, sorry about that, i did not know that....i never heard of STASH before, so i did not know it was ripped from that DVD.

Sorry again:sad:

flipnap
08-06-2007, 09:28 PM
good job, looks great

Love how they didn't dumb it down for "the kids" just becauase its animated.

you mean because of the boobies, dog humping, crotch shots and sex? thats all i talked about as a kid!

Mechis
08-06-2007, 09:48 PM
That issue of stash isn't for sale anymore :(

MrPositive
08-07-2007, 05:44 PM
I'm always late........ :(

Rick May
08-09-2007, 07:32 PM
I saw this short elsewhere. It is really nice. Anybody that knows me, knows I'm not one to ass kiss. But, Blur has really done some nice stuff, and personally, I think this short is one of their better results.

Any studio that produces short films on an ongoing basis, knowing that they aren't directly money producers themselves, gets my respect. Pixar, Blur, Blue Sky, etc, etc. Keep it up.

Jadetiger
08-10-2007, 09:34 AM
A very funny short. Fun, colorful, and ridiculous. I loved it. This was one of my favorite animations shown at the Electronic Theatre.

Tim Miller
08-11-2007, 12:04 AM
A Gentlemans Duel will be available on Itunes soon....along with our other shorts, In The Rough and Gopher Broke. Not because we want the money (which isn't much honestly.... might be useful to buy the animators a case of beer or 2) but so that more people can see it and so that we don't overwhelm our server when people download. Give it a few weeks and then look for a much better version there. :thumbsup:

Sorry folks!

Tim Miller
Creative Director
blur

Rhs_CG
08-11-2007, 01:00 AM
Excellent! Thanks Tim.

CGTalk Moderation
08-11-2007, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.